“Excellent!”

Neighborhood: Encanto
Neighborhood: Encanto
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent authentic Mexican Food! Fresh hot chips and salsa made for a good starter. The chimichanga was full of chicken and cheese!

Visited August 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“The best authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Rosita's is not a fancy suburban "Mexican Gourmet Upscale Dining Experience, filled up with columns and statues and wealthy Canadian retirees. This is the real thing. This week I took my wife and parents. It was loud with celebration and loud in paint and decor. It's located downtown at 24th Street and McDowell. There are security bars on the windows.

I had the house specialty, Liver Mexican Style, and it must be the best Mexican meal I have ever had. Tender calf liver smothered in onions, tomatoes and chilies, and served with a side of rice and tortillas. The problems we had with service in the past were noticeably gone.

Thank you for an excellent experience.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank FedericoPinata
Durango, Colorado
“Great Mexican, large plates”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I got a Mexican food recommendation from a fellow who was repairing our air conditioning system, and I was not disappointed. The family run restaurant had an appealing, though very traditional, menu. I tried the shrimp stuffed chiie relleno which was excellent. The batter was light, the poblano nicely cooked with just the right amount of cheese on top. The shrimp were tiny but flavorful. I'll try the chicken version next time as I'm a relleno fan. Three of us ate for $36, even with a house marguerita. I don't live in the area, but hope to visit Rosita's again when I'm going to a Diamondbacks game or attending a function downtown.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Bob T
Hartford, Connecticut
“Loved it! Very authentic”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had a great meal and totally enjoyed the atmosphere at this restaurant. It feels like a family joint. Staff was courteous. The portions are huge but I have to say, although I planned to bring home half my meal, I ended up eating it all--it was so yummy.

I had shrimp enchiladas with rice and beans. They make the beans without pork--a definite plus in my book!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Lisa F
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good Mexican fare”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose this place after reading the other reviews here. The references to the spotty neighborhood worried us a little, but it seemed very quiet on the Monday night we were there. The service, as other reviewers noted, was a bit slow, but we've experienced worse. The mole chicken was very good; the meat was beyond falling-off-the-bone tender. The mixed plate (beef preparations with green and red chile sauces) was excellent. BTW, they bring red and green salsas if you order chips; don't touch the red salsa until your drink arrives.

• Visited March 2013