“Loved it! Very authentic”
Review of Rosita's Place

Rosita's Place
Ranked #185 of 3,086 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Encanto
Neighborhood: Encanto
Hartford, Connecticut
“Loved it! Very authentic”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had a great meal and totally enjoyed the atmosphere at this restaurant. It feels like a family joint. Staff was courteous. The portions are huge but I have to say, although I planned to bring home half my meal, I ended up eating it all--it was so yummy.

I had shrimp enchiladas with rice and beans. They make the beans without pork--a definite plus in my book!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Lisa F

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good Mexican fare”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose this place after reading the other reviews here. The references to the spotty neighborhood worried us a little, but it seemed very quiet on the Monday night we were there. The service, as other reviewers noted, was a bit slow, but we've experienced worse. The mole chicken was very good; the meat was beyond falling-off-the-bone tender. The mixed plate (beef preparations with green and red chile sauces) was excellent. BTW, they bring red and green salsas if you order chips; don't touch the red salsa until your drink arrives.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank btindy
Elko, Nevada
“Authentic Sonoran Food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Real food, prepared to order. Sauces are authentic, original, and wonderful. We returned for two consecutive nights. Would have kept going back to try other menu items, but had to return home. Looked far and wide for something this good, and was happy to find Rositas.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank NevadaBackroads
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great hole in the wall”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were looking for an authentic Mexican place for dinner during our stay in Phoenix. The food was amazing. We both had the tamale's, along with chips & churro's with caramel sauce for dessert. Big portions, we definitely were not able to finish it all.

Prices are low. I think our dinner bill was under $20(before tip). We would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“A hidden gem in a barrio towards the airport.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I sometimes take out-of-town guests here when they land, or en route to the airport for chicken
enchilada mole, which is memorable. They always produce the real food with love and good
humor. The prices are quite reasonable and the local color is priceless. They have a parking attendant, so do not hesitate to stop for lunch. Handicap parking up front. I never have made a reservation, but I have never waited more than 10 minutes. Expect to see locals. This place has been voted best of Phoenix in the past.

• Visited August 2012