“Fun spot for good southwestern food”
Review of Dick's Hideaway

Dick's Hideaway
Ranked #47 of 3,132 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our resort recommended Dick's Hideaway when I said that I wanted a Texmex breakfast. The kids balked at the idea and were reluctant to go. But they changed their minds when we went in. The place is funky and the food is flavorful and plentiful. Our waitress made real recommendations -- she told us definitively what she liked best and my husband let her make the call on what he would eat. The service was great, the food was good, and the atmosphere was interesting. The kids, who didn't want to eat there at first, told me afterward that I had to write a positive review about the place. And now I have.

There are newer reviews for Dick's Hideaway

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Dicks is hidden in plain sight in an older strip mall next to a hardware store. I drove by it twice before I found it. It is worth the search. It has outstanding Southwestern cuisine that is very original in its flavor. One of a kind feel to it. Seems to be mostly locals, but the service was pleasant and timely.
The Bar has a better than average selection of Beer and Wine, but the food is what sells the place. It is small and has a smoky pecan wood grill aroma. As soon as you walk in you are enveloped in the atmosphere. Love this place and will go again when I am in the area.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hard to find if you're not local as there is no sign on building, they don't need it. Tiny little place with great New Mexican cusine. Same owner as Rockery & Richardson's.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Yo have to stop at Dick's for one of the best breakfasts you've ever had. The Cowboy Platter is too much so plan on sharing but the flavors of the cowboy beans, southwest potatoes and local sausages will make your mouthwater just thinking about it. This is first come, first served kind of place but don't forget the back door wherethey have additional seating and a private dining room. This is one of Phoenix's true gems.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Not a place you're going to stumble upon, that is unless you literally stumble though the front door. We had a recommendation and directions and still had a tough time finding this place. In fact at one point we were sitting in the car calling the restaurant for better directions - and it turned out we were parked in front of the restaurant. It's litterally a door with a tiny name printed on it. No big sign. But once we did find it, it was worth it.. The main room is nothing more than a bar and a couple tables. And behind the bar is a huge open pit flame/grill thing that heated the room another 20 degrees. Now as cool as that room was, we got to sit in the cooler room, the only other room. This secondary room has a couple smaller tables and one huge table that sat 12. It was on a raised platform and surrounded by wine. I can't exaggerate enough how cool this room was.

Now that I've gushed about the ambience, let's talk food. Well let's just say it doesn't disappoint. Modern southwestern Mexican food at its best.

If you ever find yourself in Phoenix search out Dick's Hideaway, it will be worth the trek.

1  Thank SirDekkard