“Da Vang Phoenix”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Da Vang Phoenix”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Local neighborhood spot.... a hole in the wall.... good food, good price..... not very clean or friendly.... but decent....

Visited January 2014

kingman, az
“Food ok service worse”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We were there on a Friday night. We were seated promptly. Then it went down hill from there. We ordered 2 appetizers, fresh spring rolls & crepe. It tasted ok plenty of veggies came with it. Hubby asked for more more hot pepper since our container on the table was very low & was met with a stare. We waited awhile no pepper came we have to flag down another server. Then we have to flag down another server for another set of silverware. I ordered Pho with meatballs & were told they don't have meatballs. At 5:30pm on a Friday night? I switched & ordered noodle salad bowl instead. I have eaten better elsewhere. Hubby ordered lemongrass beef on rice & asked for extra spicy & it came to the table with hardly any spiciness in it at all. My hot tea was lukewarm. I had high hope by all the reviews & was thoroughly disappointed. After dinner another long wait before we got our bill.

Visited November 2013
Panama City, Florida
“Awesome pho and bahn mi lunch”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The neighborhood is a little iffy and it is located in a strip mall, but DO NOT skip this place. Fantastic Vietnamese food. It says a lot that this place was packed with Asian locals at 3pm on a Sunday. That's just a testament to the authenticity and popularity. My bill for a big bowl of beef pho and a bahn mi to go was under $10. Very nice servers. Kids more than welcome. I will definitely eat here again and recommend it to friends.

• Visited November 2013
Anthem, Arizona
“Best Pho & Banh Mi”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First of all, for the record, I'm not Vietnamese, nor have I ever set foot in Vietnam.

I'm white, but I did spend 15 years of my adult life living in the N. Virginia suburbs of DC and know good Pho and banh mi when I have it.

I took my girlfriend to Da Vang today for lunch and we both had a bowl of Pho (#4) and each had a banh mi (I like pate on mine, she does not).

Da Vang is among the very best (if not the best) Pho and Banh Mi I've ever had, anywhere. Unfortunately we've only been here 3 times and each time was for lunch, specifically because we had a hankering for Pho and/or banh mi, so we haven't tried any of the other items on the menu and we haven't had dinner here.

I will say that the place is a total dive, but we live up in Anthem and make the trip (it's about 30 mins on a Sat/Sun) down the I-17 and it's so worth it. It's always at least 75% Vietnamese customers, and none of them are swearing in native tongue, so I'm guessing it's pretty good by their standards too.

We have been to two other Vietnamese dives in Phx (one was in N. Scottsdale) for Pho's and neither one could hold a candle to Da Vang. If you want some good Vietnamese, do yourself a favor and head here for lunch--you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Destin, Florida
“Pho Amazingness”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Growing Up on Da Vang has been both good and bad. Good - They have the BEST Pho and Vietnamese Food of anywhere I have been (including Los Angeles, Florida, Seattle, etc.) Bad - I live in Florida now and can't find anything that comes even remotely close. The Vietnamese spring rolls are to die for and so is the iced coffee with condensed milk. This is a MUST if you love Pho and you are in the Phoenix Area.

Visited January 2013