“Are Fish and Chips Irish?!?”

Seamus McCaffrey Irish Pub
Ranked #115 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Boxtys, Shepherds Pie, Guiness and steak. I wouldn't know if authentically made, as I have never been to Ireland, but was raised by Irish immigrants and it tastes good to me. Actually, meals have more flavor than what I had while in London ;-)

The best thing about this bar is it's cozy and very ANTI-Southwest-howling coyote-everything brand-new and stuccoed. Also is very anti-snobby Phoenician. You go in this bar and you end up spending the evening and making new friends, which is what going to a "pub" is all about, right?

My family eats here about once a month. (Kids are in high school.) We have tried all the Boxty dishes and Shepherd Pie, all were awesome. We have had some of the sandwiches, and I think I have even eaten the fish and chips, all was good. We prefer the boxtys and Shepherd Pie. And of course the adults like the beers on tap.

We love hanging out at Seamus McCaffreys!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just your typical run-of-the-Old Sod-mill Irish pub. They serve beer and pub food. The pillars supporting the bar are an impediment to good bar conversation....still a friendly place, centrally located. Service between lunch and dinner time is spotty.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Based on the reviews here I expected to get Irish food here. There's some of it on the menu, but this place is basically bar fod. I had fish & chips & they were average. Beer was cold. Easy walk from the convention center

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon Seamus McCaffrey's as we walked back to our hotel, and we ended up staying there for hours. Drinks were good and food was amazing. We tried the vegetable boxty (traditional Irish meal) and it was fantastic. We had to order more of their homemade soda bread too - fabulous. To top it off, the St. Louis Blues hockey game was somehow on TV. Lucky night!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Ate lunch and the fish and chips were out standing. The Corn beef and cabbage was good too. Bartender was very nice and knowledgeable of the history of the bar and city. Would eat there again and order fish and chips. Beer was cold!