“Awesome food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My hubby and I went there after watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and were not disappointed!! The food was great - some of the best tacos I've ever had! My hubby quite likes the "Bombero" burrito. We're not from Phoenix and come into town once a year to go to NFL games, we make it a point to go to Los Taquitos every time we're there! The best part is it's one of the most inexpensive meals you will have. Yum yum yum!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Went to Los Taquitos in Ahwatukee for the first time last night. This vist and was based on TripAdvisor reviews. I ordered a carne asada burrito plate. It was good, but not the best I ever had. I like a burrito that is stuffed with the named ingredients (carne asada in this instance) and not a lot of filler. This burrito included beans as a filler. The carne asada was very tasty, too bad the filler detracted from the overall experience. There are a lot of other small mexican restaurants that serve burritos the way I like them to come back here.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We saw this on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. We try to go to all the of triple-D locations that we can...just for variety. We have been here many times. I always get the Bombero burrito, which is basically a VERY spicy but yet sweet sauce on top of a burrito. I LOVE hot sauce, but it has to have flavor, not just heat. This sauce delivers on both counts: H-O-T and very flavorful.

My wife always gets the tacos and they are tasty also. The little kids tend to stick with bean burritos. ;-)

We were happy to see they opened a second restaurant that is about half the distance from our house, so we will go more often.

About my only complaint is that it is very warm in the restaurant in the summer. The original location is very tiny and there are so many people coming in and out that the air conditioner can't keep up. (So we just visit more in the cooler months.) I don't think this is any fault of the owner. It think they are at the mercy of the AC unit in the strip mall.

1  Thank G H
Reviewed September 8, 2012

There is a second Los Taquitos, owned by the same family as the original. I have eaten here a bunch of times. I had seen their other location on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and when they opened this one near my house I was thrilled. This one is on 16th Street at Glendale. It's a great street style taco shop and they serve breakfast,lunch and dinner. Their food is all good and authentic. If you are staying close by at the Hilton Squaw Peak and you want to eat some good Mexican food, head on over. I highly recommend the tacos. Check out taco Tuesday, they're only $1 or go for happy hour and get $3 margaritas and Mexican beer. I especially like to go for a late breakfast. The chiliquilles and breakfast quesadilla are great. It's always good.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Decided to try this place as we were in a part of metro Phoenix we were not very familiar with (Ahwatukee Foothills), based on online recommendations. Glad we did! Prices were reasonable and food was fantastic! I had the Arizona burrito with steak (cubes of cooked potato inside is what makes it different from other non-breakfast burritos), and it was some of the best Mexican food I ever had, a la carte for $4! My wife had fish tacos, which she thought were very tasty, though a little bit small. The food came pretty quickly, but seemed to have all been freshly-made, unlike fast-food Mexican. The only thing I didn't like was the ordering counter. It's at the back, which is narrower than the seating area, and that's also where you pick up your food and get condiments & utensils. So if they're at ALL busy, it can be a pain to get up there to do any of those things. Overall, it was excellent, so we will go back next time we're in that area.