“The only thing I regret about my visit to Phoenix is not eating here every single day”

Los Reyes De La Torta
Ranked #308 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in Phoenix for several days with a group of people on business. We were looking for a place to grab lunch one day near our hotel, so I found this place using the TripAdvisor mobile site on my phone. After spending five nights in Phoenix and eating at different restaurants for every meal, I seriously regret not returning to Los Reyes de la Torta every day of the trip.

Everyone in my group was highly impressed by the food, but if it's your first visit, then you should definitely order a Torta. Tortas are the authentic Mexican sandwiches that this place is known for and got Los Reyes de la Torta featured on the Travel Channel's Man v. Food. On my trip, I tried the Ranchera de pollo torta and one of the other people in my group ordered the Del Rey. Both were absolutely fantastic. Everything was cooked to perfection and bursting with flavor. They also have a huge selection of some amazing fruit drinks and smoothies to compliment the food.

If you don't know what you're looking for, you might miss this place. I drove right by it on the first pass. It's a low key location in a small strip mall on N 7th St that doesn't stand out much, so pay careful attention to find this place so you don't miss one of the best places to eat in Phoenix.

1  Thank TheHighwayWarrior

Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a genuine Mexican sandwich shop which is fun if you are feeling adventuresome. No ham on rye here! The food, prices and service are good .The fruit drinks are delicious. Mexican beers and soft drinks are served.as well

2  Thank hsslaw
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I went there once with my friends and I thought I wasn't going to like it but I ended up loving the place now I go there everyday this place is just amazing

1  Thank plurfull
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We went to Los Reyes after seeing the Adams visit to the place. He was so right. The "De la torta" was awesome. Packed with flavor, it was the best sandwich I ever had in my life. Girls who work there are cute and friendly. It was an awesome experience. We came here all the way from Houston on our way to L.A. and it's worth it.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

On my trip to Arizona, I took a flight to Phoenix and was staying at the Drury Inn north of Phoenix. I decided to try Los Reyes de la Torta for lunch since it was in the general direction I was going. I had printed out the directions on Google maps and found it without any problems. At 2:30 I was not hungry because I had a huge breakfast - I decided to take the torta/sandwich as a take out order to eat for dinner at the hotel. I ordered the Arizona Torta and a Mango Aqua Fresca Creamosa. The service was fast and I got my order quickly. I tried the Mango Aqua Fresca Creamosa in the car - it was a bit like a mango milk shake - a bit to thick for me. But the torta was great - even though I ate it a few hours latter lukewarm. And it was big I could only eat half of it that night. Filled with pork, breaded beef, avocado, etc. The negative about Los Reyes de la Torta is that the outside is a bit iffy and it is a drive to get there. But I wish I could go back to try other things I saw on the menu.

2  Thank cy-kona