“Broad menu selection”

Ranked #347 of 3,116 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Deer Valley
Description: Award-winning food you knead®. Handcrafted artisan bread, specialty bakery, soup, sandwiches, salad, pancakes and pasta. Friendly service. Free Wi-Fi. Catering available. Breakfast weekdays until 10:30am; weekends until 2pm. Pasta daily from 3pm.
Arizona
“Broad menu selection”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This local company has a broad selection of original menu items at very competitive prices as well as a huge assortment of baked breads, and pastries. For vegetarians, any sandwich can sub portabello mushrooms in lieu of the meat at no cost. Patrons order at the counter and food is delivered to the table a short time later. If there are several of you, send someone to scout out a seat while another orders, because despite having lots of seating, they are generally pretty jam-packed around meal times.

Visited March 2013

Phoenix
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Healthy choices”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved their Kale salad large enough to share and lots of healthy ingredients. It was difficult to choose from the menu so many great choices

Visited September 2012
Maricopa, Arizona
“breakfast”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's busy but the food is good. I like pancakes and tried the lemon style. I would have like to taste more lemon but then again my taste buds are not what they use to be

Visited February 2013
phoenix
“good food, smaller portions”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is my fave place now that Mimi's has fallen out of favor. The wait staff is friendly, good food. Went yesterday 5-9-13 and new manager. I ordered salmon alfredo and ceasar side salad. The salad used to come out in a large bowl, with lots of dark green lettuce, this was a tiny bowl with light green lettuce. The portion on the alfredo seems to have shrunk some. This is the ONLY thing I buy here and a de caf latte, no foam. [guess I should try other stuff eh?]
When I said something to the waiter that brought me the food, about the salad, he didn't know what I was talking about. So I asked him to put it on a bigger plate.
So here I am, trying to do something with my phone and the mgr comes over, interrupts without an 'excuse me' and tells me it's always been this way. I told him I've been coming for years and it's never been. He tells me he's been with the company for 5 yrs and it's always been this size. WHATEVER DUDE FINE, go argue with someone else.

I asked the waiter the name of the mgr. Rich he says. I thank him. he goes to mgr and tells him I wanted his name. I can hear them talking, mgr asks 'why', waiter says, 'i don't know'.

You woulda thought he realized I was the boss' wife. He came back and fawned all over me. brought a large salad to take home, let me keep the small salad [I ate it], brought boxes for the alfredo [I leave enough to take home], brought a bag to carry it in, was NICER than nice. It was amusing.

This location changes managers FREQUENTLY. Bring back some of the other ones. It makes a difference in the food and attitude.

Visited May 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“GOOD BREADS”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I like the wide variety of breads--find the desserts a bit overpriced for me. Good sandwiches and soups. Noisy

Visited September 2012