“Dissapointing Diner Experience”

Neighborhood: Camelback East
Halifax, Canada
“Dissapointing Diner Experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I were staying at a hotel nearby, and passed this Diner one night. We thought it would be great to get some good old fashion Diner food, so went inside...

Whilst they seem to put a good amount of effort into the diner atmosphere, it was overshadowed by poor service and poor food in an apparently unclean environment....

All of the food was well below average, aside from the deep fried green beans - who knew you could take something so healthy and make it bad for you....

Poor food and service is something I can get past, however I managed to get a glimpse of the kitchen when walking to restrooms, and it seemed like it had never been cleaned - I can understand a 24 hour diner is always working so there is no set time to clean, but would expect it to be cleaner than I could see walking past.....

• Visited September 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I visit this location most Thursday evenings. We usually eat on the patio as some of us smoke. The service is always prompt, the servers are all upbeat and friendly. Just an upbeat and nice experience. The food is always what I'm looking forward to from my diner visit. We keep going back, so you know we are satisfied.

• Visited July 2013
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Car Show Fridays”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We go for the car show. They have a band, lots of cool old cars to look at, some people even dress to the period. Just a fun atmosphere, great to bring all ages to. And we eat at the restaurant, which is always good.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kristyaz1
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Breakfast at Night”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a lovely little fifties-themed diner with indoor and outdoor eating areas (unfortunately it is located on a fairly busy street).

The interior looks like something out of Happy Days, and is really well done. As we were escaping from the cool Alberta weather, we chose to eat out on the patio, with it's old-fashioned umbrella tables and hulahoop station. Food was very good, I chose pancakes and bacon since we had been having yogurt and fruit breakfasts for several days. My serving was relatively small, but the burgers and sandwiches were very large, as was the featured milkshake, served with the excess in the metal shaker. Service was okay.

One thing that didn't appeal to me is that dogs are welcome everywhere on the patio, and while this is great for pet owners it can be somewhat uncomfortable for those of us with a healthy fear of large dogs. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with them being there, just not sitting so close to my feet.

We like this diner and returned once more during this trip to try the deep fried pickles; I was disappointed that they were out of them!

• Visited April 2013
Syracuse, New York
“great diner food!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast here during a visit to Phoenix - had a great corned beef sandwich (I don't like breakfast food.) It was very good - toasted with cheese and coleslaw and a huge serving of fries which I couldn't even touch. We also started with the cinnamon bun which is enormous! Don't plan on eating that in addition to a meal. My friends had eggs, sausage etc which was good, but it's pretty hard to mess up eggs.

Service was good. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive.

Overall, would return here for a quick breakfast or lunch. Pricing was average. I loved my sandwich.

Visited April 2013