“Very good, and something different”

Eliana's Restaurant
Ranked #750 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Salvadoran, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Encanto
florida
“Very good, and something different”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ate here for lunch on a Saturday in July. Went with mom, sis, her partner.

When we entered, there were patrons at 2 other tables. I'm guessing they do a brisker business during the work week, at least for lunch. The place was very clean and well arranged. Nice El Salvadoran pictures on the walls, as well as "stuff" from that country.

I had the Chile Relleno. Most places use poblano peppers for this, which I don't really care for. However, they use a bell pepper. The filling was delicious, a mix of veggies and meat. The refried beans were a liquefied form; not just pureed, but really liquid - like a soup. But they were perfect for either dipping a fork-full of rice into, or dipping the thick little tortillas in. The rice also good on it's own.

Mom had a chicken breast on sour cream sauce. I've forgotten what sis & her partner had, but both enjoyed it. I drank Orchata, mom had water, and the sis pair had a fruit drink they liked a lot.

Overall, for all 4 of us, I think it came out to about $45, including tip. Not bad at all. Definitely worth a return trip - or two!!

• Visited July 2013

“Super affordable”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Honestly is one of the few places where I had ate for a super cheap price. The yucca sancochada was only $5.The combo was only $6 dollars that include 1 pupusa, 1 tamal and 1 pastel de carne with rice and beans.The " ensalada " is a drink made with fruits and their "orchata" is totally different is what in mexican cuisine they would call "cebada". Even though the variety was limited I would go back.

• Visited June 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

If you have never eaten in Elsavador the closest place you will find in Phoenix is Elianas. I can't explain how good the food is and clean everything was. I have traveled to Elsavador several times and everything I had here is exactly like being there. This place makes me want to move to Phoenix.

Round Rock, Texas
“Tasty El Savadorian food”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

There were four of us and we each ordered different food and share, and all dishes were authentic and delicious! It was inexpensive and if ever we were in Phoenix again, we definitely will come back.

• Visited June 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Authentic food in a friendly casual restaurant that has been around for over 20 years.”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This restaurant has been around for over 20 years. It is a nice casual place with an authentic menu. The list of choices on the menu is somewhat limited, but most diners should find something they like. The prices are reasonable. It is not in a picturesque part of town, but if you are nearby it is worth stopping in.