“Date Night”

Oregano's Pizza Bistro
Ranked #88 of 3,105 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix, Arizona
“Date Night”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Always a wait but they make it entertaining while you do so. Great Chicago deep dish that I crave. Get the Shrooms as a starter.

Visited June 2014

Montrose, Colorado, United States
“So many pizzas, so little time...”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

On a recent family trip to Phoenix, a good friend brought us here. It's her "go-to" for Italian. I can see why! We shared a couple thin crust pizzas: Grandma G's Rosemary Chicken Potato and Lawrence's Original. You know the saying, don't knock it till you try it? Well, you'll LOVE these pizzas! The thin crust was delicious, and the square cut slices were easy to handle. Paired with the local Kiltlifter from Four Peaks Brewing, you can't go wrong.

My only advice is to get there early or make reservations. Because even on a Sunday night, it was packed. We ended up eating at the bar out back just to get some drinks and our food quicker. I'd love to go back and try some of the other pizzas or menu fair. And if you're going all out, be sure to get the Cookie Pizza to put that last nail in your coffin, er, stomach. No really, it's good! Just gauge how hungry you are after your meal before committing ;o) Bon Appetit!

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix
“Luv Oregano's”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Their ,
Thin crust pizza is delicious! And the fresh salads are great! And good prices! Great atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Our favorite pizza place in the Valley of the Sun”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is our favorite place to go for pizza. Anytime we need a pick-me-up or to celebrate a special occasion or for no reason whatsoever, we go to Oregano's! Really great pizza (although a tad bit too much garlic for me personally, but my husband says it's perfect), yummy waffle fries, great ice tea and the best deep dish pizza cookies ever! You really shouldn't utter the words, "Oh! I'm too full to order dessert" as you will miss out on a truly memorable experience. Just try biting into a gigantic, hot chocolate chip cookie, baked in a thick, deep dish pan, slightly under baked to ensure "gooeyness", melting chocolate chips and vanilla ice cream pooling on the sides of the hot pan and you'll be so happy you caved in and ordered it! Other flavors of cookie are available as well. A fun restaurant for children as the staff will bring each child (or adults if they ask!) a blob of pizza dough in a ball and encourage you to "play" with it and make designs and have contests as to who was the most creative at your table. The waiters and waitresses are always nice and there is a friendly atmosphere. We usually go off hours as the wait is always long, but it's worth it. Our favorite Oregano's is on Camelback in downtown Phoenix because we love the old house (originally a German restaurant which is why it says "Damen" and "Herren" on the bathroom doors!), but all locations are good. Fun place to take someone from out of town. Hope you try Oregano's!

• Visited May 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Going down hill?”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I love the wedding soup at Oregano's and must have it when in Phoenix. This trip I was very disappointed. First off, I have always sighed at the fact that you have only one size to choose from...BATHTUB! Price is not bad, but really? Who "needs" that much soup? I always had to do it in spite of that, but I will now reconsider my trip for that soup. We arrived after the supper rush but had to wait for a table anyway. Our service was painfully slow although the waiter was attentive to helping us quiet hungry children...by ordering French Fries. I questioned how we could get fries so quick when the order took so long...even AFTER we got the fries. We were offered a free ice cream sunday for our uncomfortably long wait, but that is not enough to bring me back...especially with small children!
The food was really good, so if you don't mind sucking down drinks and talking until the food comes, go for it! It is nice to dine outside on their patio.

Visited May 2014