“Heavy on the salt!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oregano's Pizza Bistro

Oregano's Pizza Bistro
Ranked #71 of 3,035 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix
“Heavy on the salt!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

They need to throw their salt shaker away - wow. We did enjoy their food. We ordered a small pizza to split and we each ordered a Mexican salad - gigantic and good.

The next day I had a piece of pizza that was cold - and wow - the salt was overwhelming.

The service was good but when the bill came and I gave the waitress my cc card to go run it, she looked at the bill and said wow - thanks. I hadn't added the tip because I always do that when I'm signing the cc receipt. I thought that was rather rude.
It was lunch time and not too crowded.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KristenMeren, Guest Relations Manager at Oregano's Pizza Bistro, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear LovemyAcura,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Your feedback is valuable and without it, we cannot get better at what we do. While I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your salad, I am disappointed to hear about the lacking pizza and service from your server regarding your bill. Would you mind contacting me directly so we might have the opportunity to make this right? My phone number is 480-829-0898 or I can be reached at guestservices@oreganos.com. Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon!

Kristen Meren
Oregano's Guest Services

Calgary, Canada
“"This place was hopping..."”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews about how busy this restaurant was but thought it was Sunday night, around 8pm, and raining pretty hard so we should get in ok. Were we wrong on that. This place was hopping and the wait was about 1 hour. That's a pretty good sign. The staff was very friendly and we decided to get some food to go as we were staying close by. We choose a pizza and a salad to share.

Ambiance - great vibe and without a doubt part of the appeal
Food - I hate to say it but the food was average. Good but average
Price - our pizza and salad for two people came to about $26

Overall - even with average food, it was still good food and if you are looking for an active, lively meal I would recommend this restaurant. Above all this, the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. From the greeters to management. There was a mistake in our order that was no ones fault (mis-communication) and the manager fixed it without blame or discussion. I would eat here again but show up earlier or relax and wait patiently, enjoying the atmosphere. Thanks for reading.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food, great environment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been at this nice restaurant a couple of times. The times I have been there the restaurant was packed. The service was accurate and fast considering the restaurant was really crowded. The quality of the pizza is really good and the flavor is great! Prices are not bad.

• Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,020 helpful votes
“Nothing special but decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

If any of you remember Shoneys pizza you might have an idea about this place.

It is middle America pizza. It is not the best in town and certainly not the worst.

The taste was OK and because I enjoy this style of pie I was happy.

I would not likely return but if you are in the area it is fine.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank arizonaac
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Oregano's Phoenix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were late getting out of a board meeting on a Saturday in Phoenix and room service was less than optimal. We decided to head out to Oregano's restaurant and we were so surprised. It was great food and atmosphere. We started with the house salad which had sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic, pine nuts, mushrooms and it was wonderful! We then had the stuffed portabello mushrooms and they did not skimp on the sausage! Then onto a thin crust pizza. The pizza was good but we were so stuffed that we hardly at any of it. We sat outside and were very warm under the gas heaters. Truly enjoyable.

• Visited January 2013