“best pizza anywhere”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed April 1, 2012

If I was stranded on an island and I had to eat the same thing every day it would have to be a pizza from Red Devil. Consistantly great, thin crust with just the right amount of chewiness, and a sauce that's not overpowering with salt like the chain pizza places. Have been eating it for years and will continue to do so.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Are you looking for fancy waiters with $60 haircuts telling you about the latest goat cheese pizza? Forget about it!!! This is not your place. This is a family run joint with paper place mats and the same menu that has made them a Valley favorite for decades. You get the same NY style pizzas, antipasti, chicken Marsala, etc. etc etc. that I have been eating since I was a kid...a long time. Whenever family and friends want to have a birthday lunch or dinner, this place is ALWAYS on the short list of favorties! Can't miss here.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Apparently somebody tried to use a Nikola Tesla teleportation device in the basement of a Chicago Italian bar around 1970 and the whole place ended up on this side of the country. I enjoy good comfort food and the atmosphere to match so if you are familiar with the octogenarian Italian places in Chicago and New York, you know what I mean. Red Devil has simple food in decent quantity without the high cost that seems to permeate among new Italian restaurants. This is the type of "lived in" place you look for when you are tired of fancy or chain establishments, complete with four classic atmospheres contained in the same building;
1. The Bar- straight out of a late 70s Scorsese movie (best place to enjoy your meal in a circular booth without being shot).
2. The Family Box- small/hot room to feed and expedite the departure of annoying dinner guests.
3. The Hallway- straight line of seats crammed in single file to ensure every passerby bumps your elbow when you have a glass of wine in your hand.
4. The Banquet Room- this dinning room might double as a bingo hall or perhaps host rotary club meetings.
Other than the bar, just keep your head down, elbows in, and enjoy the food.

1  Thank Tikilounge_SEA
Reviewed January 23, 2010

This pizza must have a magic ingredient to be this delicious. I appreciate the abundance of available vegetable toppings, as I do not eat red meat. Crust is thin and crisp and perfect. The cheese/sauce ratio is ideal. They offer a full range of Italian specialties that I have not tried. I return often for their Pizza. Service is always good at this family owned established casual restaurant. They have a take-out window, which makes it very convenient to take one (or more) home.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

I guess I'll just walk through our experience here. When driving up to this restaurant, I thought "what have we gotten ourselves into?" The place was old and dingy and looked more like a biker bar than a restaurant. It was a little better when we walked into the main entrance, but then went downhill again when I realized that it was nothing more than a bad pizza parlor. It may have been fine if we had pizza, but the place seemed to feature its Italian pasta dishes more than its pizza, so that's what we had. I had chicken tortellini alfredo, which was my biggest mistake of the night. The serving size was enough for 3 people, which isn't a complaint but a sign of a bad restaurant. The sauce was from a can. The broccoli was frozen and disgusting. The tortellini was fine, but nothing special. The Diet Pepsi I had even tasted wrong. The salad had a large chunk of lettuce buried in it.

The food and appearance weren't the only things wrong with this restaurant. We were sat under a TV at a table next to a large party when there were plenty of booths not in this room (there were only three of us). The food was expensive even if it had been better quality. The waitress was horrible at her job (interrogating me as to why I didn't eat all of my food and didn't remember who ordered what for drinks, salads or entrees). There was even an odd man that walked up to our table and stood about 3 inches away from it while we were eating so he could watch the TV sitting above our table.

I've had one experience that has always stuck out as the most horrible restaurant experience ever at a place in West Yellowstone. I have yet to decide if this experience met that level of incompetency. I think it may be a tie. I feel I am always very fair in my ratings, I am not a 1 or 5 star rater, usually somewhere in between. I gave the service 2 star because at least she was friendly in her stupidity, and to just try and find something more positive about this place. Seriously, stay away.

1  Thank ralverde