“Quantity vs Quality”

Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
phoenix
“Quantity vs Quality”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Average buffet spot, great local spot to dine for the area. Huge selections to choose from. Great for lunch.

Visited April 2012

Gilbert, Arizona
“THE BEST ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET SELECTION & THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This place is amazing, I have never seen such a selection of food before! I first dined at this establishment a couple of weeks ago with two of my colleagues, and loved it so much I brought my husband back yesterday. The weekend buffet was super .. from fried frog legs (I decided to try them, and yes, they do taste like chicken!), freshly made sushi, all kinds of seafood including crawfish and fried calamari (not just the rings, but the whole body tentacles and all!). There's even a special stir fry station for dishes made with your own choosings. It would take me far too long to list everything, and there is definitely something for everyone here! The food is of very good quality, and the price is more than reasonable. The desserts were yummy too, right down to the soft-serve ice cream. The atmosphere is quite nice as well. There is a full bar for those who wish to have cocktails too! The waitstaff doesn't miss a beat and is constantly clearing plates, and refilling non-alcoholic beverages before your glasses are empty. We're spreading the word, we highly recommend!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank blondie64az
Eugene
“Bring your Pepto Bismal!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A major dissapointment! The food was cold and loaded with MSG!
Unfortunately, I went to the bathroom after I started the meal. It was filthy!
I lost my appetite! Never again!

• Visited January 2012
Denver
“Recommended buffet”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This restaurant had a varied selection to choose from. There were the traditional Chinese dishes, made-to-order sushi, seafood salads, fresh fruit and more. Everything I tasted was fresh and delicious

Visited November 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“For the price you can't complain!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet has a wide variety of prepared food. They also cook Mongolian style your very own bowl of veggies and meat that you gathered. They have a sushi bar and they will make your very own sushi upon request. They are very well organized and there is no shortage of anything! Staff was very digilent making sure we had plenty of water. They had tons of shrimp cooked in many ways and some steamed garlicky crabs, a few clams, and mussels. I ordered a hand roll spicy tuna and asked if they had brown rice instead of the usual white rice. They did! I didn't like their steamed spinach or seeweed salad at all. It is not gourmet food, but for the buck you can't complain.

• Visited September 2011