“Same as always..... Bad...Pack a lunch”
Review of T-bone Steak House

T-bone Steak House
Ranked #560 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We live in the area and every five years I give it another chance and each time I go away very disappointed, today, Valentines Day, was no different. They were packed and we were told it would be 90 minutes before we would be seated, I was okay with that as I doubt it would really be that long. We went to the bar and I had one Bud light and wife had two Margaritas that she were very good. We were seated in only thirty minute. The Menu has not changed in the last fifteen years that we have been going except it's on the west wall now when it was on the east wall. Prices have always been high so no surprise there. Service was fare considering how many servers were working and the large amount of people they had. The waitresses were way over worked and rushing as fast as they could, really! they should have have more servers. We ordered the 24 ounce top sirloin to split and ordered it medium, 30 minutes later we were served, okay I can deal with that as I enjoyed being with my wife of 19 years because I don't get to as often as I would like to with all the OT that I've had to do at the fire station for a while. We split the steak and were a little concerned that it was red, not pink and when we started eating it, it was cold. The outside was chard but the inside was raw? Wife put her steak back on my plate and I thought she was just being a little over sensitive about it, I could not eat it and I can eat just about anything. The waiter said.......he could put it back on the grill! I asked him to please remove it from the bill, he replied that he would send the manager over because it was not something he was able to do. Manager came and agreed that it was still raw in the center and said he also could put it back on the grill, after we had cut it and taken a few bites. I told him that I would like to leave and to please remove it from our bill and we would pay the balance for everything else. Get this, he stated that he could discount it 50% We only eat 10% but still this is ridicules, he offered to give a new order and I went for that and asked for it to go. We got home with the new steak and it was warmer then the original one, and cooked correct too! Not much flavor though. The beans were cold? How can that happen when you would expect they would have came out of a pot? So why do I keep going back after 18 years of disappointment? I'm hopping they get it right because the view is great and so is the ambiance but thats as far as it goes. My suggestion, Pack a lunch and go to south mountain to eat it, The T Bone will never change.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff was so friendly & kind. The food was good but nothing super special. The horse ride to the steak house well now that WAS something!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We visited the T Bone as part of an organised ride for my wife, that took place through the desert landscape during sunset. I drove to the restaurant to meet her and the rest of the other riders, where we had a very good meal. I echo the comments of other reviewers, in that the steaks and ribs were first class, but the salad bar was somewhat disappointing.

Nevertheless we had a great time and the staff were very attentive.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I live nearby so my family and I dine here fairly often, when we're too tired to drive further,anyway. The steaks are usually great and they are really the only reason to come here. The sides are not good. The salad bar is very simple and limited as noted by another reviewer. So, if you want steak and are in neighborhood, stop here. The view is very nice. You can see all of Phoneix and there is a large area for outdoor dining when the weather's nice.

One note, the steaks are not cheap. They cost as much as the competition. So, be happy with the main dish and the view. If you want asparagus, a nice side salad, taters au gratin, etc with your steak, this is not the place for you.

Bon apetit.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I thought the steaks were just a good as a much fancier restaurant and were a great value. The vibe of this place is an informal cowboy bar with straw on the floor, inside picnic tables with red checker tablecloths. The ribeye, potatoes, and beans were all excellent, and the service was good too. The tables are not the most comfortable. The place is up on a hill so you get a nice view of the city