“Not the greatest.”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Only went once. Their Italian food was fair, service was also fair. however, we have friends who love the place and go often. Different tastes I guess.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

After hearing great things about Michelina's, I dined there for the first time this weekend. My experience was disappointing from the standpoint of service. People arriving with reservations had to wait 30 minutes or more to be seated. The gentleman who was orchestrating the seating could not recall who had arrived before others or who among those who were waiting had reservations. I suspected that "regulars" were being seated before others. Not once did he offer a soft drink or cocktail to those waiting. The wait did not end once we were finally seated. Again, the busy waitstaff passed us by with no attempt to bring us water or a basket of bread to curb our hunger and impatience. We waited no time ordering when we finally had the attention of a waiter, fearful that we would never see him again.

Once we were finally served, the food was wonderfully fresh and made to order. Was it the best Italian food I have ever had--no, but it was quite good. Would I devote two and a half hours to dining there again--NO. There are too many great restaurants in the Phoenix and Scottsdale areas with prompt and friendly service, to accept poor service from others.

2  Thank tallrdhd
Reviewed February 7, 2012

What a great experience in a local restaurant. Not much to look at from the outside but beautiful inside with huge fresh flower bouquets everywhere. Service was wonderful as you plan to spend the evening there. They do not rush you at all. Food all prepared fresh including homemade pasta. Great way to celebrate my wife's birthday. We'll be back!

1  Thank Flagtom
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Michelina’s is a nice neighborhood restaurant. It is tucked away in an otherwise nondescript strip mall convenient to SR51 (Shea exit). The restaurant is mid-size, about twenty tables. We arrived at seven pm and there were a few tables free but I would recommend reservations. Physically, Michelina’s is nice, with linens and crystal. Everything is in excellent condition. It was a little noisy at first but quieted down as the early diners left.

What I liked: The food, especially the fresh pasta. We have eaten there before and everything has been good. I had the cannelloni while my wife had the fettuccine alfredo with chicken. We also had the mushroom caps as an appetizer. How you feel about them will determine if you like the restaurant or not. You get five stuffed mushrooms for $10. They tasted very good and we broke all the rules of etiquette by dipping our fresh bread into the sauce. If that sounds good to you, you will probably like it. We had a coupon so they only cost us $5. Service was fast and our waters were refilled. The restaurant is nice with good separation between the tables. There are lots of fresh flowers. Plus we had a $25 for 50 coupon which is why we gave it a high value score. We don’t drink so we can’t comment on that.

What you might not like: There were only two waiters and one bus person for the twenty some tables. We had good service but if anything went wrong, there probably would be waits. You might not have a coupon, if we didn’t this restaurant would be on the high end of what we would be willing to pay. Also, be aware it is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Also it is only open in the evenings.

Overall: We are giving it five dots for tasty, fresh food, good portions and good value with coupon. Value would have been four without it. The only four dot was for atmosphere since it was noisy when we came in. We would go back and bring friends.

3  Thank bssc
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I frequent this restaurant regularly and have never been disappointed! The atmosphere is comfortable, the flowers are fresh and beautiful and the lighting is just right. Most nights Michelina will come from the kitchen and chat with the customers. The staff is very competent and the drinks are generous. There is a great wine list and weekly specials. A complimentary "Michelina's kiss" after dinner drink completes a great experience.

1  Thank WAMO32