“OMG!!!! Melt in your mouth meat, divine beans!”

Honey Bears Barbeque
Ranked #1,453 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Encanto
Cortez, Colorado
“OMG!!!! Melt in your mouth meat, divine beans!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is in an old vintage used IHOP building, and it is such an improvement on the previous tenant.... this place is wonderful, I ate my meat with a spoon just because I could, and the beans were a bit of heven right here on earth... they had BBQ sausage bits in them...MMMMMMMM!

Visited December 2011

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good BBQ but not outstanding”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is not a bad bbq place but have to compare it to my favorite which is Bobby Q's and really no comparison. Hammered Hog on same level as Honey Bears

Visited August 2012
Phoenix, AZ
“Less than one star”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

They have to be kidding! We called order in at 10:40am, they told us it would not be ready until 12 noon. We arrived at 11:50am, we waited over 35 minutes for slow crappy serve. 6 people came after us and ordered and got their food. They have the worst "I don't care attitude ever". I asked them if I had gotten there at 10:40am would I have had to wait this long? The guy just walked away.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank TRavlerbarry
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best Ribs EVER... Served with crappy attitude!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went there on a Sunday... not busy... only 2-3 other tables. The place was clean and very BBQ-esque feeling (which is good!); HOWEVER, it may have been a bad day or personal issues or ? ... The big bald guy at the counter (I can say that because I'm a big bald guy), had a very unfriendly attitude. Like I said... he may have just been having a bad day, BUT... we almost left before trying the BBQ.

At then end of placing our order, we decided to add a piece of their sweet potato pie, listed on the wall menu... His response was only "No Pie Today". No please... No Thank you... barely a grunt in reply to a question. Crappy attitude... Hopefully a one time thing!!

Definitely the the BEST RIBS I have ever had. Tender, but not fall apart... slight crisp to the outside... plenty of meat on the bone and a great sauce with a little kick.

The food was so good I'll probably give it another try but I hope the big bald guy will be having a better day!

• Visited August 2012
“BEST BBQ”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Best BBQ in Phoenix.. Any Honey Bears Location is where you want to go.. they ahve the best sauce and most meaty of anything on the menu. Buy the Baby Backs only on the day they offer it though!

Visited March 2012