“So wonderful to get great seafood in Phoenix”
Review of Bluewater Grill

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 16 Street
Description: Formerly the Fish Market, the new Bluewater Grill in Phoenix is the first Arizona location of a popular Southern California family of restaurants known for exceptionally fresh seafood, stylish interiors and a year-long calendar of seasonal tastings and special events. Lunch and dinner menus feature more than 40 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish sourced from local fishermen and farmers worldwide.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is our first trip to the Bluewater Grill in Phoenix, but we have long enjoyed the one on Catalina Island. We were not disappointed here at all. We made reservations, but it looked like that was probably unnecessary. Saturday night the place was jumping busy, but tables turned over pretty quickly, and there was always a table or two empty in my view.

Servers were moving fast, but probably had too many tables. It was a little slow getting served. We didn't mind at all, and were dining with someone who insists on a leisurely paced service. But our waitress was very responsive, and she quickly learned just how much ice tea I can go through at a meal, keeping me very well supplied.

The bar serves authentic cocktails and not sugary soda pop versions of the classics. I had a wonderfully tart Mai Tai made with three kinds of rum. My husband is a huge Martini snob. If you have to ask if he wants gin or vodka he is not a happy camper. The Bluewater Grill classic Martini (gin and olives, naturally) left him very satisfied.

They will bring you all the hot bread and butter you want, and that bread was hot! We had two loaves and both must have just come out of the oven. It's a very mild sourdough, but has a good crust and was a fun way to start the meal. My husband ordered oysters on the half shell (Moss Point) and he was very pleased. They have different varieties every night, as well as a very lively oyster bar where they served a wide variety of shellfish dishes, like Clams Casino.

Our dinners were perfect. My husband had the clambake special: clams, lobster, potatoes, corn, cole slaw. He ate everything but the cole slaw and he brought that home. Our friend had sand dabs and was very happy. I had the grilled Barramundi with crab and arugala. Oh My Gosh, that was the best thing ever. I am a huge fan of this Australian fish and this was my favorite version of all time. It was grilled perfectly and topped with crab meat and lots of little pieces of arugala on a bed of scalloped potatoes. (I substituted the potatoes for the coconut basmati rice listed on the menu).

We topped off our dinner with a shared piece of key lime pie that was very good.

Prices were very reasonable, the food was absolutely delicious and the wait staff were busy, but attentive and very professional. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. And we will be headed back there!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Ordered a bucket of clams an mussels and got a lot of empty shells, small mussels, not worth the money at all, asked to speak to manager, never saw him, it's a rip off, never had this happen!! Don't bother, service is lousy too

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a long-time Phoenix restaurant, run for the past several years by a small California-based group. Seafood is excellent, if you keep it simple. Good fresh,homemade salads and veggies. Used to have fabulous sourdough bread from CA but recently changed to a less tasty variety. Also a nice fresh fish market and sushi/oyster bar at the front .

1  Thank azladydoc
Reviewed May 26, 2014

What a delightful evening my fellow diners and I had at Bluewater Grill tonight. Austin, our server was fun, yet professional and helpful in helping us select our entrees. He had a great sense of humor and we thoroughly enjoyed interacting with him during the evening. As for the meal, the appetizer of seared scallops with bacon was perfectly prepared, beautifully presented and was delightful. We each selected the entree of Grilled Mahi with Leek Risotto, which was amazing. The fish was deliciously tender and flavorful and the leek risotto was a great accompaniment
to the Mahi. I'm already looking forward to our next visit!!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here for our anniversary. Being seafood lovers, we wanted to give it a try. We sat on the patio which was lovely, our dinner was good as was the service. Only one issue....it seems that the employee entrance is on the patio. About 5 employees walked past our table. Maybe another way for them to enter?

3  Thank marygiliam