“Won't Do Back”
Review of Bluewater Grill

Bluewater Grill
Ranked #60 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 16 Street
Description: Formerly the Fish Market, the new Bluewater Grill in Phoenix is the first Arizona location of a popular Southern California family of restaurants known for exceptionally fresh seafood, stylish interiors and a year-long calendar of seasonal tastings and special events. Lunch and dinner menus feature more than 40 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish sourced from local fishermen and farmers worldwide.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Won't Do Back”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hadn't been to this restaurant since it was called Seafood Market in the 1980s or later. My first clue should have been that the Bluewater Grill was about 25% full on a bery busy Saturday night in one of the most popular areas of the city. Met a friend for dinner and I ordered the Sauteed Canadian Walleye Pike with Steamed Spinach. I grew up in the Minnesota/North Dakota region where Walleye Pike is always excellent. Light, flakey, delicate flavor--my favorite fish. This Pike was tasteless--absolutely tasteless. The lemon-caper sauce was heavy-handed and couldn't help this entree. The steamed spinach was swimming in grease--perhaps butter but didn't taste like butter. Steamed spinach shouldn't be greasy--just gently steamed with a bit of butter and graded parmesan, perhaps. The hard-crusted bread delivered at the beginning of the meal was good and was my malbec. Service was great.

• Visited November 2012

Playa Del Carmen
“Great service and food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Family went here based on an online search. Our service was excellent (Chris was our server). He anticipated needs for my toddler without me asking (brought crackers for her to snack on before getting dinner, brought her food out early, extra plates and silverware when needed). I never asked for a thing! The food was average, but I had the Louie Salad and my husband had the swordfish. The clam chowder, though, was excellent! Both the New England and Manhattan. The Mudpie dessert was delicious as well. Overall, I would recommend this place based on the service we received.

Sedona, Arizona
“One of the Best Seafood places in Arizona ........”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Whenever I come to the Pheonix area I make a point of going to this restaurant because I know I won't be dissappointed. Had dinner here a few nights ago. The staff & service was excellent as always. Yes, it is a bit pricey, as compared to when it was the Fish Market but I thought the portions were still reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ed86351
Lake Forest, California
“Great Seafood In Arizona”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We visited this place for the first time upon other reviews we read. The staff and service was excellent they really went out of their way to please you, and while the food was pricey it was
worth it, very fresh and very good size portions for a fish place. We are going back in the
future.

• Visited June 2012
julcickas, Owner at Bluewater Grill, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thanks so much for the great review. We truly appreciate you taking the time and will post your nice comments for our staff. It is sure to make everyone's day!
Thank you.
Jeff Martineau
Owner
Arizona
“bad food in worn out atmosphere”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

They tried to change the image of the former fish market. Unfortunately the food got worse and the power wash didn't work. Start on immodium right after your meal and you will be o.k.

Visited June 2012