“Best Mexican food I have had in forever--very good”

Popo's Mexican Restaurant i
Ranked #193 of 3,085 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ball, Louisiana
“Best Mexican food I have had in forever--very good”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place looked kinda small from the outside and we took a chance simply based on tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Everyone inside was very friendly. Food came out fast. Portions were very large and the food was amazing. Awesome seasoning and awesome preparation. The kids ordered just tacos. They were huge and stuffed and homemade. I wish we lived closer, this would be a regular place for us! I miss it already.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Seven7777

San Diego, California
“Best mexican meal in a long time!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were traveling and vacation and the front desk clerk at La Quinta recommended this place. It was awesome! The food was fresh, great service, and reasonable. The portions are generous and very good !

• Visited June 2013
Staunton, Virginia
“WOW, you better get the take out boxes!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I ordered the Burrito special. It is 2 HUGE burritos (your choice chicken or steak) that an average person would be able to eat one. It is quality chicken, not shreaded. Great service and fast. Gave me enough for lunch the next day as well. Very reasonable as well, the special was only $10 for 2 burritos!

• Visited May 2013
Zanesville, Ohio
“Muy Bueno Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Again, a GREAT find through Trip Advisor! What did we ever do before iPad and GPS? Might not have found this restaurant had it not been for all of that! My friend and I have tried since returning home to find a spinach con Queso dip recipe to attempt to duplicate theirs! Ohio makes it a long drive to return. Wish there was one around here. We all ordered something different and we were all happy and full upon completion of our meal!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank GJMiller
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Mexican food in town!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been eating at this restaurant for several years and the food just keeps getting better and better. If you want the best Mexican food in town (outside of my mother's kitchen!), then Popo's is the place to go! Whatever you order, you can't go wrong!

Visited March 2013