“Sushi is a bargain”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Shoguns has daily specials for sushi. Their lunch specials are great too. I like the bento boxes the best. probably the best deal on sushi in Tucson. Always fresh and tasty. The booths are fun but could use a scrub. Food prep area, however, was spotless

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We come here pretty frequently for their half priced sushi rolls. Every day of the week they select 5-7 rolls off their menu which are half price..these things are cheap! You're looking at about $3-$4 for a roll.

They also have large (21 oz) Asahi for $5 which come with hot sake, complementary. Perfect for some Sake Bomb fun.

We came here with another couple and ordered 2 rolls for ourselves. It was the other couples first time at Shogun, and they sent their order in before we could see it. After about 10 min. the sushi rolls started coming to the table...and kept coming...literally 20 rolls arrived for the couple! They assumed that the price was for one single roll. It was hilarious and we had a really good laugh about it, but we all felt that the server should have said something when he saw the order. If one couple orders 2 rolls and the other 20...yah...our friends ended up with lunch and dinner for the next few days.

We ended up staying pretty late, even after the place closed down, and no one was pushy or tried to get us to leave,which was really nice as we hadn't seen our friends in a while and wanted to catch up.

Make sure you call ahead to book a both, check out the sake bomb deals and grab some half priced rolls!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is by far the most pathetic service I've ever encountered at a sushi bar....EVER. Sushi guy is rude and indifferent, wouldn't even look up, did not say one word to me and completely screwed up my order, which by the way was only two items. The service in general Is awful. Tuna sashimi was tough and thick, wasn't fresh. The iced tea was cloudy and old. The sushi plate was dirty. I just cut my losses, paid my tab and walked out. I used to eat at Shogun years ago it was really good. I don't know what happened to this place but it's horrible. Needless to say I will never ever return. I'm surprised the health department hasn't closed this place down it's filthy.

1  Thank KTMuggy
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This place has a friendly bar, a great happy hour, and very good sushi at a reasonable price. You can order dinner or sushi in the bar, or the sushi bar is good also if you prefer to sit there.

1  Thank azmyers
Reviewed July 24, 2013

5036 N. Oracle, zip for GPS: 85704
They have private booths on top of the regular restaurant room. I thought it was great to be able to talk to our friends as if we were at home, seeing only them and not be distracted by other people's conversation.
Good sushi - sashimi - teriyaki pork & green tea ice cream. Try the red bean ice cream wrapped in an ultra-thin rice cake - absolutely delicious (much more than the description!).
The miso soup is average, so is the salad (not Japanese at all).
We had good service, the waitress came often to peak in our booth making sure we didn't need anything because once in the booth it's hard to wave at anyone!
We averaged $30 per person (tip included) and had plenty of beer/sake and a doggy bag.

1  Thank TravelingCat22