“Ohh, the quail egg shooter !!!”
Review of Shogun Restaurant

Shogun Restaurant
Ranked #414 of 3,103 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
New South Wales, Australia
“Ohh, the quail egg shooter !!!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went with friends, who are regulars and weren't disappointed. I haven't eaten a lot of sushi - mainly pre-made rolls, and this fresh stuff was just great. Tina, Wahu and Yellowtail were really, really good. Also , ask for the Big Johnson - tuna and eel roll in an interesting shape.....
It was my birthday and I had to chug a Quail egg shooter (half a wine glass) - Sake, soy sauce, chile sauce and sesame seeds - WHOA ! I even got a birthday candle in desert.
Over all, a really great night with great food !!

• Visited November 2012

Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Great Japanese food”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My wife and I went here for dinner, we have been eating at the Shogun for at least ten years. We like the food and try to visit several times a year. They have a huge sushi and sashimi menu but we didn’t order from it because we have our favorites. My wife loves their vegetable tempura. I ordered the Shogun shrimp which is an udon noodle stir fry. The service was fast and everything was prepared as we requested it. We like the Shogun since it has a reasonable menu with a lot of choices. They remodeled and expanded a few years ago so they have a big bar area. We like the atmosphere too. On thing to be aware of is that they are closed between 2:30 and 5 pm as well as Sunday mornings. They are a solid five dots.

• Visited December 2011
“best Sushi and sake bomber deal in AZ”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

you have to try the surfer roll! It's absolutely awesome! $6 sake bombs all day every day! You can't beat that deal anywhere...

Scottsdale, Arizona
“You can't beat the sushi at this place in this town!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I recently brought a party of 16 people to Shogun Restaurant in Phoenix, and WOW. That is a tall order, but the food was melt in your mouth delicious, the servers waited on us hand and foot and kept everything flowing from the second we were seated until the minute we departed. I give this place two very strong thumbs up and would go there again alone or with a large party. The patio is amazing!! My sincerest thanks to the staff for making me look good for having chose Shogun as the place to host my party. Thank you!!

scottsdale
“HUGE PORTIONS FOR THE $$$$”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

As an individual who eats sushi 3-4 times a week I have to say there is no other sushi bar that compares to Shogun.....
The portions are very generous with out gouging your pocketbook.
Any other sushi restaurant has tiny little rolls for double the price of rolls at Shogun.
My husband is not a sushi eater so always has the Shogun Combo or Shogun chicken...it is the best meal for the price and he always goes home stuffed for 2 days...
You definelty get your band for your buck at Shogun and the server rocks!!!!!