“Just good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Taylor's Chowder House
Ranked #686 of 3,037 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

If you are looking for a pretentious dining experience, this isn't it. Generous portions of tasty seafood with good service is all you will get here. A couple of haters below, don't know what happened to them.

Visited May 2014

Green Valley, Arizona
“Attn: Cape Codders - Best New England style seafood restaurant in AZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This place is second to none for New England style seafood in AZ. It is the only place where they serve fried clams with the bellies and they are delicious. Great chowder, scallops, shrimp and fish from all over the country are available. One bite, close your eyes, and you will think that you are back on the Cape. This place is that special. The prices are reasonable and the quantity is more than sufficient. The restaurant may be a bit dated but real seafood lovers will really like this place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tucsonsoxfan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honest-to-God fried clams, just like the ones I had as a kid on Cape Cod!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The seafood is excellent at Taylor's! I spent my summers as a kid on Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard, and got spoiled on the best seafood in the world there. I have been very disappointed by most of the seafood I've had in other parts of the country since then. But when I tasted my first Ipswich fried clam at Taylor's, I was brought back 40 years to my days as a boy on the Cape! My wife is a seafood lover as well and also loves Taylor's.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ODubhghail
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Just like in New England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Agree with the posting titled "Massachusetts in Arizona." I'm from Massachusetts and the seafood here was just as tasty as some seafood I had back home. A fine selection of wine and beer as well. The service was pretty good, and the noise level in the restaurant was low, making dinner even more enjoyable. I've recommended it to other people, and wish I had gone here more than once. It is excellent seafood.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tedkirby
Phoenix, AZ
“Service so bad, didn't want the food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I got there at noon yesterday (12/04/13) for my first time. Walked in and it was only about 1/3 full. There was no sign to say seat yourself or wait to be seated. So, just in case I stood there...and I stood there...and I stood there. I saw one waitress walking about helping seated customers, but she never even acknowledged that I was there. So, in the end I moved to an open table and before I could sit down she now said something to me for the first time..."Is there something I can help you with?" I replied "I wasn't sure if I was to wait to be seated or to just sit down." She stated "I'm going to ask you to wait over by the door again as I have 5 tables already ahead of you." So, I went to the door and left and ate at "The Cod Father's" instead. I was not asking to be served food ahead of anyone; I was expecting to be acknowlegded that I was there and that my patronage/money was welcome to be spent there. It NEVER will be now.

• Visited December 2013