“Great hidden gem!”

Cross street: E Marlette Ave
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great hidden gem!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Hi, went here last night for dinner for the first time. A neighbor recommended it. Drove past the place many times over the years and did not know it was there. Got free potato skins with Yelp check in. Fried chicken was excellent as was the fried shrimp. Will get the Prime rib next time. Salad bar was well stocked and very cold. Drink prices are a good value. Service was excellent. We will be back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bo94114

“Feeneys customer for many years”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Last visit was for my mother-in-law's 85th birthday.
She decided she wanted to go there week's ahead. Now this is a woman who's husband supplied cash registers for the valley for 50 years so Rita knows restaurant s in the valley. Well wise choice excellent laughs and meal that night and look forward to many more!

2 Thank Rob S
Farmington, New Mexico
“Opah!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Maria you made our Valentine's dinner. Cannot remember enjoying a meal as much or the pleasant atmosphere.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank crossfyre
Phoenix, Arizona
“A wonderful night out”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Feeney's, I understand, is a Phoenix tradition but my husband and I only discovered it yesterday when we decided to go there for our anniversary. It lives up to all of the good reviews it has generated here and elsewhere. Located in an unobtrusive building and consisting of a bar and several small rooms (3-4 tables each), it's almost like having dinner at a friend's house. When we left, we told Maria (the owner) and Louie (the previous owner, still on duty!) that we have never been treated to such hospitality anywhere.

The food is mainstream America with some Greek surprises and some house specials. We started with saganaki as an appetizer -- served by Maria herself and amazing with warm, soft pita. We chose the salad bar, as well - a kind of throwback to the 1970s with fresh, crisp everything and homemade dressings. For our entree, my husband had tournedos Oscar and I had the filet mignon. Both were perfectly cooked and of top quality. (I want to go back and try their Beef Wellington!) Maria, Louie, and other servers checked in regularly to be sure we didn't need anything.

Then -- Louie came by to tell us he wanted to buy us an after-dinner drink for our anniversary! At the same time, Maria came to our table holding a delectable mud-pie with a candle as our anniversary dessert treat! We gladly accepted both. Everything was excellent, and even with a nice bottle of wine, the check only came to about $100 for our special night out. And I have to say, I have never before left a restaurant by sharing hugs with the host and hostess! Needless to say, we will return, many times I hope, with our family and friends.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Thisby
Atlanta, Michigan
“Great combination of choices”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

close to my lodging - any selection of food looked good and tasty. you have to be careful or you will pass it by - not a lot of parking so get there pretty early.

Visited September 2013