“A Phoenix Classic...”

Stockyards Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Stockyards Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,134 Restaurants in Phoenix
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 48th St
Transit: The closest light rail stop is at 44th St and Washington, and is 7/10ths of a mile from the restaurant.
Description: In 1947, The Stockyards, Arizona's Original Steakhouse opened its doors for the first time with a menu focused solely on its historical past; beef. Staying true to its heritage, the menu continues to feature only the finest corn-fed, aged steaks.
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The Stockyards is a favorite place of mine in the Valley. The steak is amazing; I love that the food is basic fare (salads, biscuits, meat, potatoes, etc) but it's cooked to perfection. The service is great and the old Western atmosphere is very beautiful. Incredible place, don't pass on this one :)

There are newer reviews for Stockyards Restaurant

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great Phoenix send-off near the airport!
We were looking for a good restaurant to enjoy our night before flying off , and found it.

Service was very good, the muffins and cornbread were yummy, fresh veggies and dip delicious, and the meats were tasty and prepared well. My friend had the elk and enjoyed it, my filet was as expected, a good but not spectacular dish.
Good old fashioned steak house, rolled and pleated leather comfy seating, solid salads and steaks... Hit the spot for us!
Three fish entrees on menu, but all farm -raised.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had heard much about this place. All of it good so I had to go by and check it out for myself. I wasn't disappointed. The service was great and the filet mignon I had was out of this world. I will certainly make it a point to visit Stockyards whenever I'm in the area. Espedially since the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Being from the mid-west we have our share of steakhouse's. This was a bit different. Wasn't the stuffy clubby feel we were used too. The Decor was very relaxed and western. We were dressed nicely but saw plenty of folks in jeans or shorts.

As for the food , it was good to really good. I was bait concerned when my filet Oscar came out as 2 4-5 oz medallions rather than one nice filet. My concerns were gone once i cut into (med rare) and tasted the dish. My wife had the regular filet which she said was cooked perfectly.

It was a pleasant surprise that the sides and salad were included with the entrees

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We finally decided to go to Stockyards after living here for 12 years. And we were not disapointed. We went on a Saturday evening at 6 with no reservation. We were seated promptly by a friendly staff. The waiter I believe was Bob. He was very good. The food was 1st rate all the way around. We all had different items from steak to pork to seafood. The soup was fantastic also. We all ate quite a bit and had leftovers. The deserts were all excellent. We will go back for sure.