“I drive out of my way”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
“I drive out of my way”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I literally drive 50 miles r/t when I need a Mexican food fix to go here! It's insanely good. The service is outstanding. Back to the food, have had everything from the ceviche to carnitas. Hear me when I say ALL their food is to die for. It's traditional Sonoran type Mexican food, so don't expect to enjoy yourself here if you're worried about some calorie intake. I like to keep in shape, but I like to occasionally splurge from my diet. When I do this place is usually at the top if my list. LOVE the red chile burro enchilada style - Perfect!

2 Thank rlepson

“One of the Best”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is great, it's busy and packed on some days and there is a good reason for that. The food is excellent! I have my own guideline for Mexican food, do you have Carnitas? And I order the Carnitas and this one is excellent, best flavor, moist and tender and crunchy bits, Love it, love it, love it and in a Chimi, enchilada style with Green Sauce, I'm in heaven. And not only that but the rest of the menu is awesome also, the seafood soup, the Fajitas right down to a cheese crisp with green chilies. Haven't had a bad meal yet. I try and avoid the weekend especially Sundays, but then people do not stand around the parking lot waiting for tables because the food is bad that's for sure. And this place is huge and it's packed, for good reason. And do not try and leave without trying the Flan, we spilt this last time out and it was heavenly good.
Excellent margaritas too, just the right amount of lime

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sedonaite
“Fantastic Mexican food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This is now my fav Mexican restaurant in Phoenix. Do not let the neighborhood fool you, this place rocks.

I had the shredded beef taco and beef red enchilada. The meet must have been cooking for days, delicious. The salsa was hot and fabulous. Cannot wait to come back.

2 Thank Christopher J
Phoenix, Arizona
“The Best Family Run Mexican Restaurant Ever.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants. The atmosphere is that of being invited to a family gathering, with the best home cooked food ever. You would swear all the family grannies, mothers and aunties are working the kitchen. Service is excellent and delivered by what has to be all the sons and daughters of those working the kitchen. It is busy and can require a wait but aim for about early evening and watch the place fill up with hungry diners. When you see the local Hispanic population lining up to eat you know you have found an original with the best food and service. Fresh cooked and never seen a microwave, I am sure, delicious, tasty and well presented. Favorites where do you start, liver, onions and jalapenos or the chipotle sea food stew. Not adventurous the best tortillas, burritos and enchiladas ever. Be adventurous it is all worth the visit.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank djtj13
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was our first visit here, and by the number of people waiting, I was hoping it would be worth it. We were not disappointed. We ordered a cheese crisp and were asked if we wanted the small or regular, and we opted for the regular. It was HUGE! Next time we'll go with the small. The tortilla was crispy and the cheese perfectly melted. I had chile rellenos and they were quite good. The only complaint I had is they were covered in sauce, and I prefer mine naked. I know covering them in sauce is how some places serve them, so it wasn't really a surprise, just something I need to remember for next time. My daughter ordered a machaca beef chimichanga and it was very good as well. The beef was seasoned well and cooked to perfection. The beans and rice were your standard restaurant quality beans and rice, not bad, but certainly not something that stood out flavor wise. Service was attentive even with the crowds there, which was a pleasant surprise, since I had heard service could be a problem. All in all, a great Mexican food restaurant and I'd go back.

• Visited November 2013