“Always packed for a reason!”

Comedor Guadalajara
Ranked #90 of 3,154 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We finally had to try this place because it was always packed when we drove by on our way to another favorite spot. This is REAL Mexican food. We went on a Friday and before we left made plans to return on Sunday evening. The hot sauce is HOT, the mild is pretty bland. This is a place to try new things and experiment. My whole table ordered different dishes and everyone was happy with their choice. Don't let the neighborhood fool you, this is a nice family place to go if there are 2 of you or 20. The place is huge inside! Prices are very reasonable and we will be back over and over. You can call ahead and be put on the waiting list for a table too.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I live in Dallas and we love really authentic Mexican food. We found Comedor Guadalajara on Trip Advisor. We had to try it.
I was expecting a lot based on the reviews. It was even better than I expected. I can't think of a Mexican restaurant in Dallas that I like as much. We enjoyed the friendly service and the food was incredibly good.
We had the happy hour cheese crisps and shrimp cocktail. The tortilla for the cheese crisps was thin and crispy. There were different cheeses and small tomato pieces and jalapeños.
My wife had a Chile Relleno and Chicken Enchilada. I had the Carne Asada Tampequena. The tortilla that came with my dinner told me in part why the cheese crisp was so good.
We will come back to Comedor Guadalajara each time we visit Phoenix.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

You KNOW it's going to be good, authentic, Mexican food when you are one of the only white-boy's there! A friend highly recommended this place and I went TWICE this last weekend. I had to wait both times but it was worth it and a short wait (-10 minutes both times). The portions were huge, the prices very fair and the most important thing, the QUALITY of the food was tops! I was at a convention for 4 days here and took friends both times and we all thought it was outstanding. Truthfully the place looks kinda dumpy on the outside but it all changes once you get inside. Also, the standard table salsa isn't like everybody else's, it's full of flavor AND spice! I had the standard fare; tacos, enchiladas, rice and beans but I also had the "Albondigas" (meatball soup) and it was super fresh and delicious. I will now bypass everything else "Mexican" in town and this will be my new favorite place. HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We love Mexican food, but aren't fussy about atmosphere. We are in Arizona for a week with my Mom, so we are picking out atmosphere, too. We have been going to Guadalajara for many years and this suits my Mom, too. There was a wait for tables, but the service is fast once seated.
Everyone is given a cup of the daily soup and warm homemade chips with salsa immediately after ordering. The daily specials are always a good deal, so we went for the chile rellenos.
All hits here and never a miss! Authentic Mexican food, great prices and good service.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Maybe you are from Texas and you don't "get" the Mexican food around here, that's how I was. Then I found Comedor Guadalajara and all was well again in my world. OK they won't bring you tortillas and butter like they will in Texas automatically, you have to ask for that. Otherwise this place will make you feel right at home. First of all it's huge, they get you in and out pretty quick, and the service is always good. But the food is tremendous - they offer traditional Mexican fare such as tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, but they also have a plentiful seafood selection that is as good as anything in town. And it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Once you find this place you'll tell everyone you know about it, it's just a wonderfully run restaurant.