“Try the pie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coronado Cafe - CLOSED

Coronado Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Wapiti, Wyoming
“Try the pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I ordered delivery via delivery dine so I can only attest to the quality of the food. I attest it is of fine quality :) Their menu isn't particularly vegan friendly so I went vegetarian and ordered the vegetarian relleno entree. It was pretty cheesy, but it's a white, creamy, not greasy cheese so it was really quite good. The polenta was perfect and the key lime pie is fantastic. It's simple and light. It's pretty pricey though, so if you're pinching pennies, you might want to wait until you have a few saved up.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

York
“Fresh food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was treated like a regular, even though I'd never been to this restaurant before. My meal was tasty and fresh. There are so many choices on the menu that look good, flavorful, and fresh- I will be back again to try more.

• Visited June 2013
Peoria, AZ
“Hail all Marylanders....The Blue Crab has made it to AZ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you drive by this place with just a glance, you probably won't notice it. I travel past the cafe almost every day going to and from work. I noticed the sign that said "Best Maryland Crab Cakes in AZ", and put the place on my bucket list. My husband and I went on a weekday, around 3pm, so it was not crowded, but had a few very sociable and enjoyable patrons. The entire staff were helpful, th e food was truly delicious, and the atmosphere was casual, but classy. Loved it!

• Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Historic District Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We dined at Coronado Cafe last weekend en route to a fabulous performance of La Cage aux Folles at Phoenix Theatre, and it was delightful. I love everything about this place, from the ever-changing original artwork on the walls to the attentive and friendly wait staff to the great food. We chose Coronado Cafe because it offered something delicious for a diverse group, including vegetarians and traditionalists as well as more adventurous diners. I had the meat loaf--a house specialty--and it came perfectly cooked, stacked on a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes with a special gravy that added just a touch of piquancy. Added bonus: because the restaurant is a converted residence only a few parties are seated in each room, making it possible to converse with ease.

• Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“"Craboholics" This is the Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped by Coronado Cafe on the way to a downtown event. We made reservations and were promptly seated in the patio.

A small sign inside the reception area read "Craboholic". It immediately drew are attention on the menu. Crab cakes are our favorites and are hard to find in Arizona. We ordered the crab cakes. Absolutely the best crab cakes in town. Two tender juicy crab meat (generous portion) cakes accompanied by spinach, asparagus and fingerling potatoes. An absolute palate delight. My partner had the scallops over parmesan risotto which was equally succulent as we shared the plates. The menu aims to please everyone and includes a number of vegetarian entrees.

We wanted to stay longer for dessert and coffee but regretfully had to leave as the flies on the patio were overwhelming us. Just that time of day or season. It's sad because the patio seating is lovely. We will return and make a reservation for an inside table this time.

• Visited April 2013