Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale
$67
Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$76
$110
$108
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
$186
$177
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroad noisefront deskwould stay againcomfortable bedscottsdaleexpressway
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here last week while visiting someone in the Mayo Clinic Hospital about 1.5 miles away. The hotel is brand new and the room was very clean and new. The housekeeping staff kept the common areas (lobby, dining area, etc.) VERY clean - it seemed like they were always mopping or cleaning the table or something. Breakfast was ok- nothing great, but not terrible. The location is good. There are a few office buildings right across the parking lot and you could walk over to the Desert Ridge shopping center with the right shoes, which I unfortunately did not bring on my trip. Front desk staff were nice and accomodating. My only complaints are 1) they should have a shuttle and 2) they need to complete (?) whatever is being built onto the back patio. There is construction net there now & it is ugly and blocks the view of the mountains & desert. Overall it was a nice stay and I had no real complaints/problems.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
PKuber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to hear that you found our facility very clean and that our staff were friendly and accommodating. We are definitely looking into a shuttle and should have one on property very soon. I agree that the net you saw against our patio is not a pleasant site but unfortunately we are unable to remove this as it does not belong to us and is part of a construction site that is coming up next to our property.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the very near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

It's a brand new hotel and it's trying to hit its stride, but it's really rough now. We were told by reservations that they would do their best to get us connecting rooms, without telling us there are no connecting rooms on the property, so first thing we felt misled in setting up the reservation.

Housekeeping is very slack. Our first room had been used by someone for a shower and meal, then rented to us. The second room had popcorn under the bed. The sink vanity is a furniture-like piece that has spaces next to the wall that were already very nasty, after only 3 months, but obviously never cleaned (it’s hard to clean them, so no one does). You better make those plastic cups last, because you’re not getting any more of them.

Lighting was bleak and dystopian, with the card needed to keep things from shutting off. The bathroom light and fan turn off and on with a sensor instead of user preference. It felt like the guest is a burden interfering in some grand project to save energy. The bathroom lighting in the handicapped room we ended up with was heinous.

A robust fan or HVAC is especially important when the hotel is so shoddily constructed. Until I figured out how to trick the HVAC into staying on, I was awakened by midnight motorcycle races on the nearby freeway, the night train horn, door slams, and lots and lots of romance in the other rooms. A real late night drama.

The young and inexperienced staff was lean and overworked. Not once did I see a name tag on the “manager on duty” sign. The front desk clerk was a star at solving our check-in problems, though, he worked very hard to correct our problems and was sincerely appreciated.

I have stayed at these Holiday Inn Express hotels before, and some of them are surprising gems. This one was just depressing. Someone’s capital went into building this—a lot of capital—and not one person involved has any sense of connection or stewardship of the asset.

Room Tip: Top floor if you don't want to hear everything--and I mean EVERYTHING--from the room upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Matt D,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay. We truly regret to see the accommodations that you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see that the service at the Front Desk did work to resolve your concerns while you were on site. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights on the booking of my corporate travel agent. The hotel is a 5-7 minute walk to my company's Phoenix office. The hotel is quite new and is very nice in décor. When I arrived the fellow at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The few opportunities for improvement that I experienced are1) the room was not consistently cleaned during my stay. While the bed was made and restroom cleaned daily, the area by the desk was only touched my last night. I had a couple of days of trash in the garbage can 2) there is no hotel shuttle. Perhaps they are still working on that but for business travelers that will be a drawback 3) I found the breakfast quality a little lacking especially the eggs and the orange juice, both of which were overly watery. Hopefully all these things are due to the newness of the hotel and staff and will be worked out in the future. I likely won't find myself in the Phoenix area in the very near future but if the opportunity arises I won't rule out staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PKuber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Whilst I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel decor and your room was clean and comfortable together with our helpful and courteous front desk agent. I want to apologize and am sorry to hear that your room was not being thoroughly cleaned by our housekeeping department and that your eggs and orange juice were watery during your stay with us.
I will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping supervisor and breakfast attendant.
Regarding the shuttle, we are looking into this and are making plans to have one on property.

We hope your next stay with us will be more pleasant.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a great stay! This was a fantastic hotel, quiet, clean room, great location...close to shopping, restaurants, etc. Loved having the extra privacy of a suite when traveling with the kids. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PKuber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a new hotel. Clean and well maintained but definitely had some issues. I am a platinum member with Holiday Inn and I usually get great service from most holiday inn properties. This one had some opportunity.
1. They failed to clean my room 1 day. I got back from being out and about and low and behold at 6pm my room still wasnt clean. They forgot. I just got some towels and left it as is.
2. I get back the next day and the door to my room was not closed. Anyone could have walked in and stolen items. Thank God they didnt, but how does that happen.
3. 3 out of my 4 nights, the key cards they gave me failed to work, I had to continue to go back to the front desk for replacements.
All in all the hotel was nice, they just need to work out the issues they are having.

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the elevator, like I did.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael G
PKuber, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for the different issues you experienced at our hotel. That is certainly not pleasant. I hope this does not deter you from returning as we have spoken to all involved and can assure you it will not happen again. We certainly hope to see you again very soon.