“You Have To Eat Here!!”

Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Phoenix
Ranked #3 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana creates the truly authentic pizza experience utilizing the same simple methods that were practiced for hundreds of years in Napoli, Italy where pizza was born and perfected. Pomo's Pizza is produced according to the Neapolitan tradition where each pizza is a unique piece of art. We combine the slow levitation method to produce our homemade dough, all natural ingredients, and the Blast-Cooking process for 60–90 seconds at 905°C on our wood burning oven imported from Italy to lock in flavors, natural aroma and moisture. This gives the pizza a soft and digestible crust, which is the signature style of a true Napoletana Pizza. Our pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough with a minimum of 24 hours in the rising process. We are proud to be the First - "AVPN" Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana certified Restaurant in Arizona. We take Neapolitan pizza seriously and you will be able to tell with every taste.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Best pizza, best service of all time!! Owner was such a kind, kind man! His lemonchello was the best! The Marg. Pizza was just wonderful....motz. cheese was so vey fresh! Get there before 6pm as you may have to wait. They have a customer for life! They are number 1 !!!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

this restaurant was found by chance as I was planning while on a business trip here in phoenix to go somewhere else nearby but was closed on Sunday. This was a blessing really. Being Italian I could appreciate the quality of the food and the way Guests are treated. Dulcis in fundo Chiacchiere ( Italian typical mardi gras sweets) were offered at the end alongside home made crema di limoncello. Myself and my colleagues left in delight and will be back during the week if possible to find a table!

1  Thank alex-molesey
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

It's not possible to make a reservation for this restaurant but there was enough room for us. We had a nice table outside which is cooled by small water sprays ( not sure what else to call it).
We had a nice appetizer, the tomato soup was great!
The only thing that I see almost everywhere and which I expect not to see at a Italian is the quick service after the appetizer. In my under standing Italians eat for hours, only 4 minutes after the first course we got the pizza.. In the Netherlands that's not usual and I don't like it :) next time I will make sure to tell the waiter.

Make sure to visit this place, it's great!

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

While vacationing in Phoenix some friends recommended Pomo for the best authentic pizza in the valley. My husband and I have been to Italy and we crave the pizza so we had to try it. We went to the downtown location and ordered that Margherita and the Amatriciana. We had our kids with us and they had a Pepperoni. My husband took one bite of his Margherita and stared at me. I thought he was going to cry (lol). That poor man has been searching high and low for authentic pizza di Margherita for 10 years in the states....well, he finally found it! We devoured the pizze and left happy :) All the staff was friendly. Bad news is our vacation is almost over...good news is we're moving to the valley in the fall and Pomo will be a weekly (at least) stop for us. Delizioso!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great Staff. they were very attentive, food was wonderful, loved the thin chewy crust on the pizza. The waitress told us she could eat a whole pizza as they are only 12" pizzas (typical college girl), however, unless you are starving- split one and get an appetizer.