“Great pizza!”

Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Phoenix
Ranked #3 of 3,113 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana creates the truly authentic pizza experience utilizing the same simple methods that were practiced for hundreds of years in Napoli, Italy where pizza was born and perfected. Pomo's Pizza is produced according to the Neapolitan tradition where each pizza is a unique piece of art. We combine the slow levitation method to produce our homemade dough, all natural ingredients, and the Blast-Cooking process for 60–90 seconds at 905°C on our wood burning oven imported from Italy to lock in flavors, natural aroma and moisture. This gives the pizza a soft and digestible crust, which is the signature style of a true Napoletana Pizza. Our pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough with a minimum of 24 hours in the rising process. We are proud to be the First - "AVPN" Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana certified Restaurant in Arizona. We take Neapolitan pizza seriously and you will be able to tell with every taste.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We happened on Pomo completely by accident, looking for a restaurant near downtown, stopping when we saw a few of them in a cluster. We were lured in by the delicious smells from Pomo, and weren't disappointed.

Our wood fired pizza was great - well made, good crust, ample toppings, served hot and fresh. My wife and I shared two starters - the Caprese salad - large portion and very good - and mushroom soup - huge portion and absolutely delicious. One pizza was then more than enough for us to share, with me having a leftover slice for breakfast the next day.

Outdoor seating was fun having just flown in from the frigid midwest. We're looking forward to our next visit, and going back to Pomo.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank KV-MKE

MIDWEST
“As good as it gets.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lots of good and highly rated pizza in Phoenix. I tried away from my fav. (le grand orange) as this was highly rated. Very crowded but service was quick and friendly. The pizza -OMG was wonderful. I had the margherita with bufalo and out of that wood burning oven ,may have never had a better pie. Was so good that on another nite when where I was going was closed I went back and had the same thing. Will definitely take Ms when we go back in 2 weeks

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TRAVELL LLOVER
Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pizza we've ever tried.”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I and my boyfriend had holidays in Arizona last month. We decide to go to Pomo Pizzeria because we read a lot of positive review. We did absolutely a good choice! We had both the Bufala pizza. It was fantastic, with fresh San marzano dop tomatoes and bufala coming directly from Naples. We've never tried a pizza like that! It was better than every kind of pizza tasted in Italy. We also met the owner Matteo that offered us a Limoncello and some Sfruffoli.
We will surely come again during our next holiday!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Vera C
worldwide
“It Rocks”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place serve some of the best pizza outside of Neapols, Italy..every time we come to Phoenix,this place is a must!. Great job guys..We will definitely come back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Maxximus99
Palm City, Florida
“Primo Pomo Pizzeria”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

While visiting family and friends in Phoenix, I asked to go to Pizzeria Bianco after hearing about it. Luckily we called Bianco, heard the wait was more than an hour, and we ended up at PPN. It was a fortunate change in plans. No reason to ever waste time waiting at Bianco since discovering PPN. In fact, we ate there a second time the same weekend, taking others with us. We had the Mista salad on both occasions. Very fresh ingredients with shaved parmigiana reggiano and light, flavorful basalmic dressing. We loved the Bufala Verace both times. We also had a Pomo Classica with sausage, onions, mushrooms, and red peppers. Although we prefer the simplicity of the Bufalo because you can really appreciate the delicacy of the San Marzano, we enjoyed the Pomo, too. We loved the Lasagne al Forno, too! The pasta was so fresh, and I have never had lighter, fresher lasagna in my life. On each occasion, the owner, Mateo, came to our table and chatted. The service was efficient, and we never felt rushed. Regretfully my trip to Phoenix ended, but Pomo Pizzeria will be at the top of my list when I return. Worth a visit. Worth several visits!

Visited November 2013