“Downtown Phoenix's new pizza champ!”

Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Phoenix
Ranked #3 of 3,132 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana creates the truly authentic pizza experience utilizing the same simple methods that were practiced for hundreds of years in Napoli, Italy where pizza was born and perfected. Pomo's Pizza is produced according to the Neapolitan tradition where each pizza is a unique piece of art. We combine the slow levitation method to produce our homemade dough, all natural ingredients, and the Blast-Cooking process for 60–90 seconds at 905°C on our wood burning oven imported from Italy to lock in flavors, natural aroma and moisture. This gives the pizza a soft and digestible crust, which is the signature style of a true Napoletana Pizza. Our pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough with a minimum of 24 hours in the rising process. We are proud to be the First - "AVPN" Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana certified Restaurant in Arizona. We take Neapolitan pizza seriously and you will be able to tell with every taste.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I don't typically write reviews of places in my hometown, but Pomo Pizzeria is such a great option for visitors to downtown Phoenix, that I don't want it to be missed. Wen you think of great pizza in downtown Phoenix, you typically think of Pizzeria Bianco, and that's been my go-to for years. But there's a new contender in town for best pizza, and this is it! Pomo Pizzeria is a gem. The pizza is every bit as good as Bianco's, and the atmosphere is terrific. The restaurant has indoor and outside seating, and the vibe is relaxed. The pizza is made from ingredients imported from Italy, right down to the flour for the dough. I've had several different pizzas, but my faves are the bufalo (one of the traditional pizzas) and the principe. Both are amazing. And they have great green and peach iced tea, which is key when the temps outside are high. The staff and owner are attentive. And you get yummy fried dough strips topped with powdered sugar at the end of the meal--I think of it as Italian churros. If you are visiting Phoenix, do yourself a favor and give Pomo a try. Delicious!

There are newer reviews for Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Phoenix

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Pomo Pizzeria is like walking into a southern Italian pizzeria and eating a truly authentic Italian pizza. From the all natural ingredients to the wood fired oven brought from Naples, Italy, Pomo has all that and much more. The pizzas burst with flavor. The owner and chef, Matteo, was a very delightful person who was extremely personable and hospitable. After eating pizza and a wonderful buffalo mozzarella appetizer, we then ventured to their famous homemade limoncello. Such great flavor. It reminded me of limoncello my mother makes.

Overall, if you want to experience what pizza tastes like in Italy, you have to try Pomo's pizzeria. It is the most authentic Italian pizza place I have ever eaten at. I can't wait for my next visit to Phoenix so that I can once again, taste the savor of Pomo's pizza and all their wonderful appetizers and deserts.

Pomo has inspired me to find a way to have some of their pizza shipped to Cincinnati so that others can taste how wonderfully delightful real Italian pizza tastes. A truly amazing dining experience!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a great meal here one night. The pizza is as advertised, extremely authentic and fresh. I sat outside on the porch. I did wish that the Irish Pub next door hadn't been blaring music the whole time. But I sat a couple of tables away from it, and Pomo's music drowned out the more raucous sounds from the pub well.

The restaurant is in a nice area for walking. I saw quite a few people having a stroll or biking. The outside seating has some views of the city that I found to my liking.

Food and wine were excellent. I had a glass of Chianti Classico and the principe pizza. I've had my share of pizza in Italy, though mostly in the north, and this meal really brought me back there. The head pizza chef visited my table personally and we chatted briefly about his being from Italy, where I had been, and the best places to go. I believe his name was Matteo, but I only overheard it when he was at another table.

I stayed for quite a while and passed a very pleasant evening. Family friendly as well.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We don't get out much but wanted some family time so decided on Pomo! The pizza here is good and yes it certainly does rival some other great spots in Phoenix but it just didn't seem as family friendly as other spots. I would go back but just not with my children. Without the kids, maybe would have been a better decision.... Thanks for a great meal!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have eaten at a number of the highly rated pizza places in Phoenix but Pomo is really outstanding. As others have said the owner visits the tables and talks with you, he has a craftsman's pride in his product. The employees are really pleasant and attentive without being overbearing. That is from the owner's attitude towards his craft.

Ah the pizza, it is thin, crisp and delicious, the roasted vegies were wonderful and the hazelnut choc flourless desert :=}}}

Parking was easy and you really will feel the love in each pizza, make the trip.