“Extraordinary massage. Gift it to yourself and loved ones.”

Space Massage Studio
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extraordinary massage. Gift it to yourself and loved ones.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've never used the word 'extraordinary' to describe a massage - never felt so compelled until my massage last week with John at Space Massage Studio in Phoenix. I was hoping for even a little help relieving the shoulder and back pain that 2 years of weekly plane travel and workaholism had gifted me with. I got that, and much more.

I'd called several Phoenix massage therapists based on glowing Yelp reviews, and John (who is ranked #1) so happened to have an opening the following morning before I flew out of Phoenix. When we met that morning, we spent a good bit of time discussing my lifestyle and what I was hoping to achieve with the massage. I sincerely appreciated that he took the time to hear my concerns and to make sure I understood how he approached the practice.

The actual massage was wonderful. John took a good amount of time working the knots and stretching the muscles in my shoulders and back - no glossing over or rushing through any part. Though he could likely feel it, he also verbally checked in to be sure each area felt better before moving on. By the time he was done, I could literally sit up straighter and breathe more deeply than I had in months. I felt lighter.

After the massage, he shared tips and suggestions that would help the particular relief I felt extend even beyond the massage; namely- walking or running, stretching, and yoga. And don't you know from this one experience, I'm looking up yoga classes in my city!

Yes, making my flight was quite the close call - but it was worth chancing it. John is a master of his craft - and it's absolutely worth finding an hour and a half in your trip to (or through) Phoenix for this experience. I'm planning to bring my fiance there the next time we're in Arizona.

Visited June 2013