“Inventive food in friendly, upbeat atmosphere”
Review of Federal Pizza

Federal Pizza
Ranked #61 of 3,161 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I travel frequently to Phoenix and always save a meal for Federal Pizza. The pizzas are outstanding - lovely, chewy crust and inventive toppings. My favorite is a pizza with broccolini and lemon zest. I'm also a huge fan of their salads. There's a 'chicken panzanella' salad with mozzarella, pine nuts, and tomatoes.The chicken is freshly grilled and very tasty. And a new offering, the 'clockwork orange' salad features arugula, farro, fennel, and oranges. The staff are extraordinary - always greet you warmly, always go the extra mile to make sure you're enjoying the meal and have a refill on your drink. There's usually a varied crowd -- young people, families, a few business lunchers -- enjoying themselves in the restaurant and (weather permitting) on an airy patio. This place is a real find!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely, roomy restaurant! The staff here are so sweet and the pizza is awesome!! Best pizza so far in AZ. The atmosphere is lively yet intimate and cozy. Perfect date night destination!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We can't say enough about the service and the food. We love the hip decor and the music is always perfect...not to loud or quiet and always an interesting mix of artists. When it comes to family time, the pizza bar watching them cook in the wood fired oven is fun and they gave my kids dough to play with. We rarely wait for a table and the food is consistently fab. We dig the Big Star Pizza and chopped salad. Date night, my hubby is all over the great craft beer selection.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I come here every time I am in town. All the pizzas are delicious and creative. It is popular with the feel of a local hangout. A bit noisy but that didn't detract from the good food. The brussel sprout pizza is my favorite. Sounds odd but OMG it was great

Reviewed June 17, 2014

All around great food. We had the vegetable app and The Answer pizza. Oh, and a wine cooler (they make them there). It was all delish. The flavors of the pizza all went so well together and you could taste each ingredient. We also saw some other things come out of the kitchen that look great -- some brushetta looking thing, some great looking breads, a bunch of pizza. Next time we'll try one of the pasta dishes too. I highly recommend this place. So great!