“Delicious, unprofessional”
Review of Aside of Heart - CLOSED

Aside of Heart
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I are vegetarians. We ate here once while we were in town on vacation. We tried a few different dishes and they were all delicious. The place has the feel of a hangout for people somewhat cooler than I am. There were handcrafts and zines and such around. There were only two or three tables inside; there might be additional seating outside. The staff were friendly.

I'd say the servings are small; I suggest getting 2 dishes if you want a large meal. The prices are fair; lowish for smallish servings.

Given the homemade/hangout/cool-kids atmosphere, I was not surprised that restaurant did not seem professional or well managed. To be frank, it felt a bit like we were disrupting their routine, or like we caught by surprise, when we arrived to order/eat a meal. Maybe we visited at the wrong time; maybe when they are busier they operate more smoothly. Their website was not up to date. Their hours had been changed but their website was not updated, and their paper menu was quite different than the one on their web site. Those web site errors make me wonder if the enticing events listed on their website are valid.

2  Thank 858KevinD