“Milagro Grill IS a Miracle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Milagro Grill - CLOSED

Milagro Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Spanish, Southwestern, Latin, European, South American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Milagro Grill is a Mexican-American fusion cuisine with South American flare.
Phoenix, AZ
“Milagro Grill IS a Miracle!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

First off, if you're coming from the West on Indian School pay attention to the sign that says Milagro Grill is in 400 yards or feet or whatever it says. Otherwise it's sort of hard to find. The address is 4280 E. Indian School. It's right across the street from another of my favorite spots, La Fontanella's if that helps!

First thing in the door, we were greeted enthusiastically by the Host. She welcomed us and seated us with a terrific attitude. Then Katie, our server greeted us and took our drink order. Water was brought out right away. We decided on Iced Tea, as opposed to an alcoholic beverage. It was eleven in the morning and I don't want to appear to be a total lush! The Iced Tea was nice and strong, the way I like it. Black tea and plenty of it!

The manager Jared Johnson came over and introduced himself. We discussed my gluten free status and he said he was trying to learn very quickly about gluten free eating. He said that the kitchen was very good about knowing how to prepare gluten free foods and he was trying to make sure they do things right. Everything is made fresh onsite, which should help with that! They seem very concerned about making their customer's dietary needs a priority.

While we were talking, my husband commented that I loved guacamole and he'd read that their guac was amazing so Jared sent their homemade guacamole out, which is made fresh, with home made chips and their salsa de la casa, made with cascabel chili.This House Salsa was so smokey and flavorful without having a "traditional" salsa taste. It was kind of a nutty flavor which just has to be tried!

Looking over the Brunch menu did have it's drawbacks. The names and descriptions were sort of baffling. Something they MIGHT want to think about changing.....but Katie was great about explaining each one! I had the Enfrijoladas, which was basically chicken enchiladas with a white bean and tomatillo sauce....topped with an egg (I opted for scrambled). I was blown away by the smokey taste of the chicken. It also had some cheese but what I loved was the bean and tomatillo puree. There was definitely a smooth hotness factor but it was so subtle and appealing that I really enjoyed it.

My husband opted for the Chorizo Con Huevos which was a flatbread with a very mild Chorizo, some charred tomato, potato and cheese with an egg on top. He really enjoyed it and thought that the flavors went very well together. He said the only thing he'd change is maybe have the egg on the side. But who doesn't love pizza for breakfast?

We were really blown away with the quality of the food as well as the super efficient staff. They have a smokin' hot terrific happy hour as well, which we are going back for specifically! I want to try a Milagro Margarita!

The gorgeous Retro '70's feel to the decor and the large, easy to sit in chairs impressed me!

Oh, did I happen to mention they are the 2012 AZ Taco Festival Grand Champion's? When you go in just take a look at all the awards they have received. Quite impressive and I know WHY! These people know how to cook and how to serve a customer. . I am impressed!

• Visited November 2012

Phoenix, AZ
“Happy Hour is great!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My friends and I tried this new mexican cuisine restaurant near their house. Milagro Grill has a great environment and warm atmosphere. We got in just in time for the end of their Happy Hour menu and pricing and it was well worth it. The guacamole is terrific and make sure you try both their green and red salsa - they make everything on site. Excellent chef with a lovely presentation. He has a great reputation in the Valley so good score in hiring him!

The menu is creative and the food was very good. Prices were a bit on the high side (non-happy hour menu items). My friend ordered the wings on the Happy Hour menu and for a mere $5 she got 10 wings - which were pretty tasty. For dessert, we tried the avocado cheescake - subtle avocado flavor but good (best without the coconut on top).

The wine and liquor menu was extensive and I ventured out with a Raspberry Margarita. It's a small place at first glance, but there is the dining room section, bar section and a nice patio area.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Outstanding all around”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Jason Horton, formally of T. Cook's Lounge at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa, co-created this masterpiece located at the corner of 44st and Indian School Rd. Milagro Grill has a great looking interior.Threre is a large patio with an intimate seating arrangement in the middle. I would say the dress for night time is casual chic. The menu is delectibly delicious and reasonably priced. Jason is a master mixologist. We had the Cadillac Margartia. There are over 50 types of Tequlia! The mac and cheese is to die for as are the pork tacos. I was there with my family, everyone loved their entree. Thye french toast bread pudding is a sin worth committing. The staff is warm, welcoming and very attentive. WE WILL GO BACK, all the way from Memphis, Tn.
Way to go Jason!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful food experience!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Scott was an excellent server and referred and recommended the best on the menu. We had Cameron Pinchos (shrimp skewers), Gold Canyon Ribeye and Gold Canyon filets. We started with Salsa Trio and chips and it went great with our Sangria. The Concah Bread Pudding French Toast and Peanut Butter Churros for dessert did not disappoint! It was a wonderful atmosphere out on the patio. An enjoyable time with my Dining Divas!

Phoenix
“Tasty food and a good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate on a Sat night around 7pm and I was surprised that it was not crowded at all. It became a little bit more crowded when we left around 8:30pm. We sat outside on the patio, which was very nice with the perfect weather. It was kind of noisy from the traffic on Indian School, but you got use to that after a while. They had a couple of tv's out there so you could watch a game or two. We started with two great margaritas, but they were a bit pricey $9-$14 each. We got the great tasting chips, salsa and guacamole. Then I had the maui maui tacos and my dining partner had the pork tacos. I really liked mine, but he said that he didn't think the pork tacos were anything great. There are 3 tacos on each plate and they are street taco size (little), but that was plenty for me, since I already ate too many chips. I would definitely come back and try it again. The inside is decorated very cool looking. Hope it does well for the neighborhood.

1 Thank Patricia M