“LOVE LOVE PITA JUNGLE”
Review of Pita Jungle

Pita Jungle
Ranked #418 of 3,268 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The problem eating at Pita Jungle is making a decision of WHAT to eat...because I always want to order everything. As a vegetarian, I'm particularly happy to eat here because the choices are plentiful, and interesting...not just the garden variety of boring salads or one veggie burger.

My 13-year old niece who is also a vegetarian and I dined here recently. The plate of cheese nachos was enough to feed four people, and delicious. Our sampler vegetarian platter with hummus, ratoutille, baba ganoush, pita, feta cheese, tabouli, and dolmades was yummy yummy!

One can never go wrong ordering anything on the menu here! Our server was attentive, bringing us refills of drinks without our having to track him down. The tab was very reasonable.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is not a fancy place, but the food is prepared wonderfully. The salads are awesome and shareable. Pita chips are addictive

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had recently dined at the Pita Jungle in the Desert Ridge area. I liked it a lot ( although service could have been better) loved the clean modern interior and the fresh tasty menu items. So a few days later I brought my boyfriend to this location ( which is slightly closer to us). Wow, how different can two restaurants in the same chain be? A lot! The place in Arcadia is dingy and dirty. The menu was limited ( compared to the other local) and the same dishes wildly different. I loved the lentil soup at Desert Ridge...it was on offer at Arcadia, so I ordered it again...it was watery and made with brown lentils, far from the chunky yellow lentil soup I had before. The other dishes ( a spinach and mushroom salad, and a chicken pita) were ok but nothing special in taste or appearance. If I choose to eat at this " chain" again...it won't be here.

1  Thank miopinion
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Supposedly this restaurant started out as a single location with a group of Arizona State University students who realized they could make more money selling food than an ASU degree could give them. But good things can go wrong when they start to grow so large. Case in point, the so-called Arcadia location.

The decision to eat here was based on my dining companion’s recommendation who considers this to be the best mid-priced middle-eastern food in the valley. The appointment was at 1pm on a Friday. The first thing that struck me was how extraordinarily loud the place was. Every table was filled and the noise level reflected that. As the booking was handled by my dining companion, I had no idea that reservations were not accepted. I was informed of this by the so-called hostess whose attitude was rude at best, haughty at worst. [Suggestion for management: get her as far away from people as possible!] We both started with one of the soups of the day: mine was a coconut curry concoction. It was flavorful, thick and chewy with the texture of liquefied salsa. Thankfully it was not over salted. Then it was to the Shawarma based on my companion’s recommendation. The combination of ingredients wrapped in a chewy pita was also quite tasty.

The service was perfunctory. Having to ask for more water with an empty glass on the table and food still on my plate seems to reflect the service provided. Overall, the food was decent and worth trying again. But the lack of service, the disrespectful greeting and the sheer level of noise (combined with the music in the background) makes this more of a take-out place than an eat-in place.

But as “lkrocks” review suggests, it seems they might not be able to get the orders correct. I’ll give it one more chance in a different location. I’d give this a four for food, but the service, or lack thereof in this case, brings it down to a three.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love this restaurant, it is very beautiful and the decorations are different. The food is very good, even though the hummus may not be liked by every one, it is delicious and I love the regular hummus. The Mediterranean salad is also very good and I always order them together. They could be with chicken or without for your vegetarian needs. :)
I really love the ambient a this restaurant.