“Not perfect, but pretty close”

Pork on a Fork BBQ Grill
Ranked #260 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The meats are as good as it gets. They have sauces for all persuasions and the "hot" sauce is very nice. The slaw is course cut cabbage and not doused with the overly sweet dressings usually found. The beans are better than most of the competition but not really ready for an excellent rating, they need a little pulled pork drippings. The balance of the sides look good. More a take out with seating than a restaurant but that pretty much describes most of the great BBQ shops.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My bad...I am a dyed in the sauce porkaholic. Phoenix has always been known for some pretty good Mexican places. Bar-B-Que...not so much. That has all changed. I have eaten pork in all of its wonderful variations all over the U.S. and this "joint" is just about as good as it gets. Wonderful pulled pork and a variety of house made sauces from hot to sweetish. Located in a semi-industrial park across from Deer Valley airport it is mainly a take out spot. But if you are overcome with desire there are a few tables. Great staff and great stuff.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been to this restaurant about 3 times now. Every time we are not dissapointed. This is some of the best, if not the best, BBQ I have ever had. I almost don't want to write a good review...I want to keep all this yummy food for myself!!!! We have had the pulled pork and the brisket as well, also friends of ours had the ribs. Everything has been consistently very good. The smoked flavor is spot on perfect. The sauces are all really good and nice to have a selection of different flavors. The sides are tasty, I found the beans to be a bit over peppered for my taste but still good. Just can't say enough about the food here, you will not regret trying this place. It is not a large restaurant but does have a back room for overflow. Not very inspired decor but who cares! Food is delicious. The service is always friendly and quick. I feel that their prices are quite competitive. Two of us can have a sandwich (overflowing with meat) two sides and two sodas for about $24. Love this place, would eat here every night if we were closer!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been to restaurants that are hidden off the beaten path but this place is hard to find when you are standing right in front of it. Mixed in with office buildings there aren't any signs to let you know exactly where it is. I'm guessing they are counting on word of mouth.....or a search on the Internet for BBQ restaurants.

On to the food and 'atmosphere.' I ordered the half rack of ribs with waffle fries and baked beans. The ribs were average, or maybe a slight better than average. The side dishes were excellent. One reviewer gave the atmosphere a 5. Either he owns or works there, at best it deserves a 3. No frills.

If I lived in the Phoenix area, I would definitely return to try some of their other dishes. Staff is very good, helpful and upbeat. Makes the stark atmosphere a bit more colorful.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

These guys have nailed it. They have put all of their focus on the food. No fancy signage. Decor is minimal. But the food is crazy good. On my first visit I had the sampler which gives you a little of everything. Coming from a "pork guy"...I'm having the beef the next time. The beef was just fantastic. The staff seemed to delight in giving us a happily glutinous meal.

The custom home-made sauces were great too. Want hot? Want sweet? You got it.

Tip: There is ample seating in the rear of the restaurant past the soda dispenser.