“Ena Kallo Estiatorio”
Review of Greekfest

Greekfest
Reserve with OpenTable
Greekfest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #268 of 3,255 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: N 20th Street
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Not only were the staff & owners warm and welcoming, but the food was exceptional! We are always on the lookout for opportunities to enjoy the healthy Mediterranean diet when we travel. Skeptical as we were (Greeks in the desert?), Greekfest far exceeded our expectations for a fine meal. The atmosphere was charming, and we were immediately no longer strangers once we stepped inside. Although the wine we chose was not available, a fabulous alternate Hellenic vintage was suggested, and enjoyed. Try the Koulourakia (traditional Greek cookies) with your coffee, and take some home with you.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

This is the first vacation I have been on in more than a year since I found out I had Celiac's. I have been worried about what I could eat if the restaurant didn't understand what gluten free really means. Both the owner, Susan and our waiter, Zeff were both very friendly and incredibly helpful when it came to picking out items on the menu that were already or could be made gluten free. The meal was fantastic and I ate until I was stuffed (goat yogurt with honey & walnuts for dessert was to die for). The place was really clean too. Scottsdale is luck to have this place!

1  Thank GlutenFreeHaley
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Susan, one of the owners, and several employess warmly welcomed us and seated us at a pristinely clean, well set table in an authentic Greek-like setting. Susan was extremely friendly--she made us feel like we were visiting family. Such a nice lady. Our server, Zeff, was extremely attentive and knowledgable. He recommended several very delicious appetizers and made sure we never wanted for anything through out our meal. The food was absolutely the very best Greek food I'd ever tasted outside of Greece--I was stationed at Helenikon Air Base in Athens and I know good Greek food. The calimari is a must! Lightly sauteed in a gluten-free rice flour and seasoned to perfection, it by itself will keep you coming back. From the atmosphere, to the warm, hospitable staff, to the wonderfully delicious food, this was an exquisite dining experience and I'm glad we took the time to find the place. We live in Dallas, but Greekfest will be on our "must" list everytime we visit Phoenix.

1  Thank JeffAHs
Reviewed September 6, 2010

First, I have to take issue with Buttercup, the former employee who blasted the owners, food, and anything else he could think of. I've been eating at Greekfest for years and have always found the food to be delicious. NEVER have I been disappointed. Service is good, and recently Zeff has been our server. He is knowledgeable about the food and very attentive. My suggestion is to try things you haven't normally had in your typical Greek restaurant. Try the Ionikes Melintzanes - baby eggplants cut in half, stuffed with a sauce and feta cheese, then baked. Glorious! One time we tried a dinner special Tony (the owner) had made - lamb shanks in this wonderful sauce, braised til the meat just fell off the bone! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I now live in Dallas, TX and work in New York, NY but make frequent visits to Phoenix and when I do, I make a point to visit Tony and Susan. They are delightful!

Reviewed June 25, 2009

We recently went for lunch for the first time after having driven past the place often over the last eight years. The service was great! They stayed open for lunch just for us even though lunch was ending. The interior is very pretty with wood floors, white walls and linens on the tables. Our service was provided by Zeff who was knowledgable and very attentive. During our meal, the owner came out and introduced herself and thanked us for joining them. The food was delicious and the atmosphere made a simple lunch more of an event.