“Kinda okay...but not worth the drive.”
Review of Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed February 25, 2013

And I can only judge based on what I ate: the Gumbo, the Jambalaya, and the Red Beans & Rice...so don't let any unkind words be too discouraging. That's only three items from Baby Kay's large menu. But they're three of cajun cookin's giant essentials...gotta get em' perfect to make this Southern boy a regular. The Gumbo's seafood option clearly has shrimp added 'too order'...which means that briny, fishy goodness isn't stewed all day into every drop of every soupy spoonful. I know making two whole batches each day(one with, one w/o seafood) is expensive, but it may be worth it. I won't even go into why it needs crab in-the-shell added, but the oversight of not adding okra- approaches sacrilegious! The jambalaya gets pluses for not coming swamped in a thick tomato sauce (whoever started that idea in Phoenix should be tarred!), but still, this was on the dry side. It clearly seemed like a Dirty Rice recipe with a few chicken and sausage chunks tossed in after the fact. Again, I understand it's economical, but the flavor suffers. The RedBeans&Rice was the most authentic of the three dishes I tried. When gas prices go down, I may come back for some catfish! Love the staff...very friendly.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We love Cajun and because our baby girl's name is Kay we made the trip to Baby Kay's because we really wanted to try something different than what was closest to our hotel. Had the shrimp po boy and chicken gumbo...it was SPICY, but really really good. Enjoyed both items as well as a slice of sweet potato pie, yum! When we visit again Baby's Kay will be our spot to check out every time. Hopefully next time we will be able to eat-in because the music and crowd was really cool.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Baby Kay's offers authentic Cajun food where you wouldn't expect to find it-- close to the Biltmore Resort in Phoenix. Try their Catfish with Crawfish sauce, seafood gumbo or po boys and you'll swear you've died and gone to heaven.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Cajun food is not something you find often in Phoenix but Baby Kays does a great job. Put me in mind of New Orleans.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Have been here several times and each time was very good....Service and food was good.Seafood Gumbo excellent.Best cajun food in Phx.
Close to Highway 51 and not far from Sky Harbor Airport.