“Average at Best”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I chose this restaurant because it's close to my place, and I like to support businesses in my neighborhood.

The decor of the place is fine - nothing great, but nothing bad. The service was very good!

The food was pretty average. I had a cajun chicken dish that was, well, just o.k.

Would I go back, no. Was it brutal? No. Just kind of Dennyish, if that makes sense?

There are newer reviews for Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen

Reviewed February 12, 2012

This was the 1st cajun restaurant that I tried outside of Louisiana. They have good seafood gumbo, and very average jambalya. Their special made sausage is top notch

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Okay, here's the deal: the remoulade and apricot habanero tabasco dressings are excellent and full flavored; the gumbos are mouth watering, especially my favorite duck and andouille sausage; the red beans and rice with andouille sausage set the standard; the etouffee sause is so good I order it on the side to pour on their excellent jambalaya; every thing with shrimp or crawfish is wonderful; and for desert try the warm bread puddling with whiskey butter sauce. There are other wonderful items on the menu like their shredded pork po'boys, dirty rice or Lulu's Sweet and Spicy Tabasco Glazed Wings, the list goes on. And did I mention they have specials everyday for lunch? My favorite is the seafood enchiladas with shrimp and crawfish, etouffee sauce, sour cream and a tomato relish served on Tuesdays, but hurry they always sell out.

1  Thank denisx
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The (young, woman, pro-community/veteran) owner ensures her menu provides (as close to authentic you can get in AZ) food from scratch. I like the green olive coleslaw and Wed special of pork ribs. If love (reputedly) DELICIOUS) fried chicken, that is Thursnight (I wouldn't know, 'cause it has ALWAYS be sold out before I can get any). (The bar keeps know their business.)

1  Thank FrecklesAZ
Reviewed May 16, 2010

After being seated, it took awhile for the waitress to come take our order. However, this wait was offset when the food came quickly and the plates were unbelievable huge! We had enough left over for a second meal of equal size. The food was absolutely delicious. The atmosphere is like you are outside in New Orleans, and there was a good guitarist/singer playing music. Eat here!

1  Thank ajarney