“One of the Best Dinners in Phoenix” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coup des Tartes

Coup des Tartes
Reserve with OpenTable
Coup des Tartes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 2,912 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: Highland
Description: Ranked No. 1 six-years in a row, Coup Des Tartes is a charming, 18-year-old, French bistro-style restaurant reminiscent of la belle epoque and the Roaring '20s, Paris-style. Now in its new home at 1725 E. Osborn Road in Phoenix, Coup Des Tartes maintains its eclectic decor and warmly lit dining rooms in addition to a new outdoor brick patio cooled by old shade trees and lush greenery. Still Phoenix's longest running french restaurant, the "new" Coup features a bar made from the remnants of its first home. Coved ceilings and candlelit rooms still abound, and Coup Des Tartes maintains its storied reputation as one of the most intimate and romantic dining experiences in Phoenix. This combination offers a vibrant venue in which to dine, enjoy great company or host a private party. Previously a BYOB restaurant we now offer a full selection of artisan cocktails, beer and a strong wine list, you may still bring your favorite bottle of wine or champagne by joining our Wine Club for $45 per year. Arizona State Law prohibits any sprits and there is a limit of two bottles (750 ml) for wine or champagne per couple. With a fresh, locally-sourced French-inspired American cuisine menu, Coup Des Tartes is the restaurant to celebrate any special event. Attention to detail and dedication by the entire staff ensures quality and promises to make your dining experience a memorable one. The all-natural and organic nature of the menu, which changes seasonally, is an additional reason why Coup Des Tartes is sought out by even the most discriminating diners. In keeping with the same attention to detail as guests receive in the main house, Coup Des Tartes' new, expanded Rendezvous Room is perfect for private group functions. Coup Des Tartes continues to offer both on- and off-site catering with sister company Rendezvous Catering & Events.
Phoenix, Arizona
“One of the Best Dinners in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Coup des Tartes is one of my favorite places to eat in Phoenix and we usually try to go a few times a year. I would recommend making a reservation in advance, as it can be hard to get in. We typically go with a rather large group and call about 2-3 weeks in advance. Additionally, if you're interested in going during restaurant week, try for an earlier reservation as they can run out of some of the offerings by the end of the evening.

Service is usually very nice but unhurried, so plan on being there for a little bit. The escargot is always a treat and the lamb shank is absolutely amazing. You can tell the lamb shank has been cooking for some time as the flavors are really infused and the meat just falls off the bone. The chocolate caramel tart is one of the best desserts I have ever had. It is really rich, so if you're not into rich desserts plan on sharing. In my case, I love rich desserts and while I usually share with my husband, I make him get his own slice here.

The BYOB policy is a nice way to save a little money, but the corking fee is $10/bottle if my memory serves me. While this is a little more than other BYOB places I've been to, it's nice to be able to bring something you know you're going to enjoy.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank PricklyPear18

Red Bank, New Jersey
“Another great dinner at Coup De Tartes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I travel every week and eat at some of the best restaurants in the country...Coup de tartes is one of my favorites...From the time they greet you at the door until you leave everyone that works there makes you feel welcome.. The service is friendly and outstanding. Everyone clears their plate at Coup de Tartes its so delicious. The Sea Bass is perfect. This place is perfect for dinner, romance and fun...Really one of my favorites..Save room for the berry tartes for desert. This is a BYOB so bring a great bottle of wine. Cant wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank blackjeepguy
Phoenix, Arizona
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stopped in for a bite. We had two selections. The mozzarella & tomato salad, wonderful and refreshing ! We also tried the country plate. A great assortment of cheeses, nuts, fruits.
(FYI, this is a BYOB place). Looking forward to going back.

• Visited February 2013
Phoenix
“Intimate French BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'd driven by Coup des Tartes for years, but finally tried it last year. A group of us all have birthdays in February, so we figured we'd all come here to celebrate. The proprietor was extremely friendly and accomodating. We had a group of 8 and she set up a private room towards the back for us. It took a while for everybody to arrive and they never rushed us or made us feel hurried. The menu changes seasonally, and there is something there for everybody. The BYOB policy is awesome, as it allows you to save a little money on the tab and spend it on apps, dessert, and after dinner espresso. Super friendly, accomodating, and great food.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank edlew
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Still charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As charming as I remembered when it opened in 1997. I go there probably every 5 years. It is good to step away from the restaurant chains and enjoy the old house atmosphere. As a French Bistro setting it is noisy. Our reservation was the last sitting for 8:30pm and some of the dishes were no longer available but overall we enjoyed our food. The Butternut Squash salad was tasty, I never had the Lamb Shank prepared that way before but it had a good flavor and my partner enjoyed his shrimp/crab/filet mignon. The deserts were delicious and not too sweet. I'll go back hopefully before 5 years. There is NO bar there... BYOW is a plus.

• Visited January 2013