“Love, love, LOVE this place!”
Review of Postino Winebar

Postino Winebar
Ranked #21 of 3,173 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I have been coming here for years! I used to live within walking distance, so it was great to have a group meet here, but even though I've moved farther away, it's still where we all meet to celebrate a birthday or to just enjoy a $5 glass of wine with the best company I can imagine!

Sometimes I will even stop in with my children because my older ones will share a bruschetta board with me, and Postino offers a not-so-typical kids menu that my guys enjoy. And even though I brought my aunt who requested a fun local place and was aghast that I ordered a glass of wine with lunch, their bumper sticker that says, "Drinking wine at lunch is not a crime" is true. That's their special - any, and I mean any glass of wine served before 5pm is only $5. Come back later and pay up to $12 for that same glass.

With friends, my kids, or date night, this is a great place! Monday and Tuesday nights feature a $20 bruschetta board and bottle of wine after 8pm. My kind of date!

Everything on their menu is great. I love to share the bruschetta (my favorite is the mascarpone, fig, and prosciutto, but don't be tempted to order more than one of each at a visit. Variety is best with regard to their bruschetta.) My other fave is the salted caramel sundae for dessert... tres delish!

If you are lucky enough to have Eric be your server, please know that he falls into the "Demi-god of Sommeliers" category. He can answer any question you have about their wines, and make a delightful suggestion after you've told him what you like.

Two downsides: 1.) Valet parking is complimentary only at lunch. After 5p you have to pay.
2.) A friend (to whom I had raved about this place) who had never been here arrived before I did one evening (when there was no special going on) and asked for "just a house white" thinking that it would be in the $5 range. Instead of having a waiter who would explain that ALL of Postino's wines were considered "house wines," she had a waiter who brought her the $12 and wouldn't see how that was unfair. I know his name, but won't repeat it here just in case he could learn from this... Needless to say, she left with a negative feeling about Postino.

Ah, if only all the wait staff there were as communicative as Eric!

BTDubs, Postino is now offering brunch on Saturdays and Sundays... try not to get in line before me! I can't wait to try it!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live close by and often go to Postino's. Their bruschetta board is the best! Always hard to choose which ones to have, but you can't possibly go wrong. Great wine selection. $5 sangria and live music on Sundays, great deal on Monday nights after 8p: bruschetta board plus bottle of wine. Popular though, so 30+ minute wait not unusual, yet worth it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Happy hour here - which is all wine $5 until 5 is great. Everyone loves the boards - pub and cheese. Daily soups are amazing - always ask for the selection as you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We come to Scottsdale once a year for the Memorial Day weekend, and Postino is where we start each time. Order a variety of bruschettas (four different kinds come on the board) and a $5 glass of prosecco and you are on your way to a great afternoon! Each bruschetta is an interesting combination of smooth, salty, acidic and texture (examples: mascarpone/prosciutto/fig, or buratta/tomato/bacon/arugula). This restaurant is located in an old post office and the huge delivery doors swing open to join the inside and outside. Plenty of misters keep the temperature just right. Perfecto!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had high expectations for this place as was recommended by friends and has mostly great reviews on TripAdvisor. Sadly reviews are overrated and I was very disappointed with food and service. Italian picnic salad was bland and not enjoyable. First attempt at bruschetta was sent back to the kitchen as bread was not toasted and tasted stale - waitress had little knowledge on how bruschetta should be made and was clearly not happy with our complaint. Second plate of bruschetta was marginally improved with toasting and olive oil visible on the bread but we left over half despite starving ourselves all day thinking we would eat loads at this restaurant. The waitress was not apologetic at the first order being returned and she left us alone for the rest of the meal. The toppings we chose were not great either and did not live up to the hype (we ordered tomato jam and fresh sheeps milk cheese, mozzerella with tomato and basil, burrata, bacon, arugula and tomato, and roasted peppers with goats cheese). Would not go here again and would not recommend to a friend. Very disappointed.

2  Thank polkadots61