“Barrio Cafe at the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barrio Cafe

Barrio Cafe
Ranked #10 of 3,061 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Encanto
Etiwanda, CA
“Barrio Cafe at the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Flight change brought us to Barrio's at the airport. We were hungry and felt "oh, well, just another airport cafe - meaning don't expect much! Boy, howdy! were we ever surprised - we absolutely enjoyed the amazing "Arizona burrito" and the and the server was most helpful as well. We will go back again when we come into Phoenix. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
“love, love, love barrio cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our family celebrated new year's eve at the barrio cafe- so glad we did. The people are very friendly. The atmosphere is great. And the food was fabulous, very unique and creative. Compiments to the chef, owners and everyone at barrio cafe and we loved our waiter/artist but unfortunately, I don't have his name or the website to look for his paintings.

Seattle, WA
“Disappointing service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The guacamole, though overpriced was incredible. It was the best guacamole of my life. Everything from there went downhill. we had to use my phone to get enough light to read the menu. We asked 3 times for water but our waiter kept "forgetting"... Probably due to the fact he was chatting at so many other tables. If this restaurant wasn't owned by two women I would have felt he was being homophobic. We finally got the busboy to get us water. Our waiter never brought the dessert we ordered. I also had to ask the hostess who was walking by to get our check for us because I knew we would have to wait forever. I wish I could have given the tip to the busboy!

2 Thank DuffySeattle_WA
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Creative Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We heard about the Barrio Cafe from Check Please AZ. We had the tableside prepared guacamole. Best I have ever had. They put pomegranate seeds in it. Unique taste. I had the halibut. It was grilled with shrimp, scallops and lobster added. Outstanding. A little crowded and dark. Need to use your flashlight phone app to read the menu. The flan was very flavorful.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding creativity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

After a few years of wanting to try this place, my wife and I finally did. Located in a so-so neighborhood, Barrio Cafe is worth the trip downtown. A unique take on Mexican food, with ingredients such as pomegranate seeds that you'll never see on a chain Mexican restaurant menu. Extremely friendly service, delicious and creative cuisine with plenty of choices. The only downside is that it's cramped, crowded, and a bit noisy (if you consider that a downside - some would think of it as "lively"). Would highly recommend.