“Great lunch!”

Neighborhood: North Mountain
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been missing my Cajun and Creole flavors and so we decided to visit Pappadeaux on Black Canyon for lunch last week.

We arrived at opening, were greeted and seated quickly and politely. Our drink order was taken and we ordered the Coconut Shrimp appetizer. My wife ordered the Ginger Salmon and Almond green beans, with the sauce on the side, and I had the Crawfish Sampler, which is Crawfish Etoufee, Fried Crawfish and Dirty Rice.

Our entrees arrived qiute promptly. The portions were very generous, to say the least. Presentation was very good and the food was delicious, with the saucing perfectly executed. I am a hearty eater, but was defeated by the mountain of rice!

The bill was relatively modest and the service well-paced and efficient. This was an enjoyable experience and one that I plan on repeating again soon.

• Visited July 2013

Phoenix
“Good - beautiful outdoor seating”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went here with friends who had been here before. I had the mango margarita - so good! Our friends had oysters on the half shell - the oysters were huge and could have been a meal in itself. My husband had the oysters rockafella. Lots of cheese, big and delicious! We all had the caesar salad which was good. I had the catfish which was ok, I didn't think it was anything special and would probably order something different next time; my husband had the shrimp and chicken, which they blackend for him and it was also very good, all served with fries, lots of fries. Of course we had to have dessert. The key lime pie was refreshing and fantastic, lots to choose from, hard to pick. The service was very good, we opted to sit inside since it was so hot out. The place is big and we had a nice table by the windo. The outside seating area is really very nice with a beautiful fountain and misting fans. But summer in Arizona is just too hot to sit outside. I bet it's really nice when the weather is cooler.

• Visited July 2013
“Lunch was yummy but salty”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

had lunch today at the restaurant...very yummy BUT when you order the oyster appetizer, ask the waiter to ask the chef to go easy on the cheese and salt. The food was over salted. I ordered the almond crusted red snapper. DELICIOUS except it was sitting in a pool of melted butter too much. I hope the restaurant see this review because the chef is very good but needs to lighten up on the salt and drowning the red snapper in butter.
Waiting staff were awesome! very knowledgeable about the menu. Overall, the food was really delicious and with just a lighter hand on the salt and melted butter, it would have been SUPERB!

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Atmosphere, food, prices. Amazing!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great happy hour specials on oysters, great atmosphere. I LOVE the outdoor dining area with all of the lights. This is a really great place.

Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“This place rocks!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went for a business lunch on 6/25. Wow, what a great experience!! Service was impeccable, portions were huge!, and price was very reasonable. I ordered the Mahi Mahi Alexander, which was the special for the day. It is blackened mahi mahi, with 2 large scallops, 4 grilled shrimp, and a shrimp/crab white cream sauce to die for. All for $16.95!!!! I substituted mashed potatoes for the dirty rice. Not that the dirty rice is bad, just a little too spicy for me today. Another guest ordered the broiled scallops. Done to perfection.
Of course you get a loaf of warm French bread for starters. As much as I want to avoid carbs for my diet I cannot resist that bread!!!
I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant. Seriously, the quality, value, portions, service.....all top notch.
When I tell my wife about my business lunches she gets upset because I haven't taken her there......yet.
If you have a bad experience at this place you are having a bad day all together. Sorry. But try again.

• Visited June 2013