“Atmosphere, food, prices. Amazing!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 3,057 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Chicago, Illinois
“Atmosphere, food, prices. Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great happy hour specials on oysters, great atmosphere. I LOVE the outdoor dining area with all of the lights. This is a really great place.

Visited May 2013

“This place rocks!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went for a business lunch on 6/25. Wow, what a great experience!! Service was impeccable, portions were huge!, and price was very reasonable. I ordered the Mahi Mahi Alexander, which was the special for the day. It is blackened mahi mahi, with 2 large scallops, 4 grilled shrimp, and a shrimp/crab white cream sauce to die for. All for $16.95!!!! I substituted mashed potatoes for the dirty rice. Not that the dirty rice is bad, just a little too spicy for me today. Another guest ordered the broiled scallops. Done to perfection.
Of course you get a loaf of warm French bread for starters. As much as I want to avoid carbs for my diet I cannot resist that bread!!!
I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant. Seriously, the quality, value, portions, service.....all top notch.
When I tell my wife about my business lunches she gets upset because I haven't taken her there......yet.
If you have a bad experience at this place you are having a bad day all together. Sorry. But try again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but very expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have ate here many times and overall have had a very good experience.......however I think it is a little over priced.

“Trying it again.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

It has been about a year since we have been here. Last time we got rancid oysters. We overlooked it. Our mistake. Should have complained. We decided to go back today with another couple. We sat on the bar area. Our waitress was prompt. We all ordered drinks and a shrimp cocktail appetizer. It was fine. Then came dinner. My grilled seafood skewers were very good. Our friends lobster tail was succulent and fine. My husband and our friend both ordered salmon dishes. He ordered his medium. She ordered hers well done. Both dishes were under cooked. Our friend sent hers back twice before it came to her correct. Waitress was apologetic. We have been going here for years. We always hope it will be the great place it used to be. We always give in and try again. Maybe this time we will have learned that fresh properly prepared seafood is hard to find. Especially here.

1 Thank Rhonda T
Arizona
“Pappadeaux or Pappadon't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

On my husband’s birthday we ate lunch at Pappadeux in Phoenix. First, the table we sat at had a speaker right above our head and the music blasted. Hostess said she would turn it down. Music still blasted out and we had to ask for our seat to be moved. Tables were so close together I felt like I was eating with fifty other people. Conversation was impossible. We order the $16.00 calamari appetizer and it had an overwhelming salt and pepper taste. Not good. Plus what is with the pickles? For $16, I would like calamari please. I can eat pickles at a deli. Waitress advised she would “tell the cook.” Received no feedback or fresh batch. Secondly, my order of fried cat fish with fries came to the table as blackened cat fish with beans and rice. Waitress told me to eat it and she get a new catfish order. I told her no, I’d wait. It’s not what I ordered. My cat fish finally came and I could not believe how thin the fish filet was. I buy cat fish at the grocery store and get wonderful thick pieces of fish. Come on, please. Even for $10.95 you could do better. On the bright side, my husband had the cheese cake and loved it. Two hours and 15 minutes later, we finally got our bill. Way too long for a simple lunch for three.