“Yummy Seafood”

Neighborhood: North Mountain
Phoenix, Arizona
“Yummy Seafood”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen has awesome food! We ate there twice within the last month and enjoyed both meals. The price range can be pricey, but they also have some reasonably priced goodies on the menu. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. The only negative was that it did get a little noisy when the restaurant filled up, which it did on a Friday and a Wednesday night - a sign of good food!

Visited March 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“great allround”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

my husband and I stayed in Phoenix for 4 nights and ate here twice!
the place is buzzing..even mid week, i would hate to think how busy it is on a weekend!!
the food was great, very tasty and as you can guess because it's in America the portions are a little on the big size!!
the atmosphere is great too, even though it's quite a big place, that holds lots of people it did'nt seem to get too loud and you could still have a conversation over dinner.
i had muscles as a starter & i had never seen any as big as the ones i was served!!yummy.
loads of choice and variations of seafood.
BUT THEN CAME DESSERT!!!!!!
the waitress brought a hugh plate with a portion of each dessert on it!!! i think i gained 10lbs just from the smell of it, they were amazing....would recommend the key lime pie!!scrummy.
to go twice in 4 days says it all

• Visited April 2013
Nipomo, California
“Good New Orleans style restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is very good, and plentiful. The wait staff is friendly. This restaurant was very popular at the time I visited, which was around 7:00PM, so the wait time can be long. Prices are moderately high, but probably in line with the quality of the food.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bill J
San Diego, California
“Cajun Seafood, Amazing, Free Dessert of CHOICE on Birthday”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We go to Phoenix every year for my birthday/spring training and I always see this restaurant but never stop, so this year we tried it. AMAZING! If you love a little spice and seafood, this place is for you.

I had the pan seared trout (I think a new addition to the menu) - it was unbelievable. Cooked perfectly, a huge portion, had a little kick to it and served with a browned creamy butter sauce and tomatos and capers... and a cheese risotto cake and a mountain of fresh green beans. All delicious and enough that I had a full meal leftover for lunch the next day. My partner had the Tilapia. He liked it, but mine was better.

We had a side of soup - the gumbo with the variety of seafood - oyster, shrimp, etc... delicious, although a little pricey for an added on cup of soup w/ your dinner, still good.

We also had an appetizer of the oyster duo - two kinds of oysters, both cooked - one with spinach (rockefeller but they called it something else) and one with parmesan cheese. The parm one was so good we would just order that again.

Also, because it was my birthday, they offered me my choice of any dessert on the menu. I got the pecan praline cheesecake. It was a huge piece - like the size they serve at cheesecake factory. I asked where they got it from - made in house!! Anyway, best cheesecake I've ever had. Really. Also so big that the two of us split it - AND had 1/2 leftover for the next day's dessert.

Another thing, we had our little baby with us who was just under 7 months old. Normally he's a gem - easy going and happy and no problem in restaurants. However, he was in the middle of getting his first two teeth and really whiny and fussy. Normally I would be uncomfortable with that in a restaurant. However, this restaurant was loud enough that I didn't really think it bothered anyone. It's a huge place and they avoided putting anyone on either side of us. Two tables away was another fussy baby and I could barely hear that kid - so I think my own was probably not really bothering anyone either. That being said, the noise level wasn't obnoxious. You could still talk to the person at your table and hear them really well. I don't know how to explain it, just lots of dull background noise that made your crying baby seem tolerable.

Make sure you ask for the bread - I don't know if they only bring it when you ask or what, but it was delicious too - especially with the gumbo.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank trvladdictsd
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marvelous, just a great meal”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

One thing i love at this place, Is the that feeling you get when you about to ask for the check. You don't care what it cost "well i mean, within reasonable means" and you tip great to because you received great service. Their seafood is to die for, Tastes so fresh and seasoned. The stuff shrimp was superb.

• Visited April 2013