“Very authentic”

Dining options: Reservations
Ames, Iowa
“Very authentic”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I will go back when I visit again. We visited this restaurant on the food tour and it was my favorite. The egg rolls and chicken chow mein taste just like my favorite restaurant my mom and I would go to when I was growing up. Delicious!

Visited March 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Tasty Chinese downtown”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great lunch spot in downtown Phoenix. Portions are comparitively small to other Chinese restaurants but the taste is wonderful. Potstickers are fabulous and the Egg Drop soup is piping HOT!!!
I highly recommend the Shrimp and Scallops Saute in a black bean sauce. The Mongolian Beef is excellent as well.
Last lunch visit the service was very slow.

Visited January 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Best and most authentic chow mein I have had. Great lunch specials! Great value for your money. Atmosphere leaves a little to be desired but the quality of the food is fantastic.

phoenix
“Consistently Great!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My family has been eating here for years. We can always count on great food, friendly service and reasonable prices. The servers (my favorite is Annie) always remember us- and even my husbands quirky order (he doesn't want onions in or on anything!). I always see a family member around visiting, working or cooking. My favorite- the potstickers and Moo Goo chicken. Veggies are fresh, crisp and the chicken is white meat, which I love. Most of my other family members go for the combos which have tons of food. LOVE this place! We always go here when we are downtown. It's been around since 1928, hope they stay another 80 years!

• Visited October 2012
Philippines
“Pre-judged”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ive been going to Sing High restaurant since 1980..used to be the best Chinese Restaurant in Phoenix (in my opinion)..

Downstairs has a large main dining area, then a smaller one of to the left..Walked in Fri evening with a friend of mine (also a 40 + year old black man) and was greeted by a middle aged Asian woman.. This person proceeded to walk us thru the (1/3 occupied) main dining room and sat us in the (empty) smaller room off to the left..Not only did she seat us in this room but in a booth that if someone was to walk past the entry way to this smaller room, you couldn't see that any1 was in there..I immediately felt like the hostess was attempting to hide us (2 black males) out of eye sight of the other customers..I looked at my friend and he was getting the same feeling..So i asked if we could be seated in the main dining area..This hostess appeared to get agitated and stated "fine, jus sit anywhere" as she walked away from us and into the kitchen...So the two of us walked into the main dining area and took a seat but by this time I had lost my appetite and did not want to spend any time and money at a establishment that did not appear to want me there..

Needless to say i will not be going to sing high ever again...

• Visited August 2012
SingHighFamily, Manager at Sing High, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am sorry that you thought our hostess was judgmental. If you have been eating at our restaurant since the 80's, you know that our employees, like our own family, are very diverse. I hope you will return. Your review was shared with the hostess,and waitress and they were shocked that their attitudes appeared negative. We know as a business, that customer service is VERY important . I would be happy to give you a complimentary appetizer if you try us again!! Just call any evening and ask for Mrs Lee!