“Worth stopping”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Description: Officially Fajitas off I-17 just south of Peoria. Proud to feature fresh food that's never frozen since 1986. A one-of-a-kind locals and visitors favorite for over 25 years.
Toledo, Ohio
“Worth stopping”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have eaten there twice and both meals were really flavorful. We sat at the bar and the service was really good. It's worth stopping in when you are tired and not in the mood for dressing up to go out!

• Visited February 2014

“Not good food - good service!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Food was not good. Service made up for the lack of quality of the food. The steak fajita was supposedly chopped steak that was resembled hamburger meat to me. Place was very dirty!

Visited March 2014
Naples, FL
“Bland, pseudo "Mexican" food - skip this one!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Fajita's (that's how they actually spell it - with an apostrophe) is terrible. A big disappointment. The place was packed, but it must have been full of people with no taste buds, or who never ate good Mexican, or even good Tex-Mex, in their lives.

I'm a big Tex-mex and Mexican food fan, and generally like even the really touristy places. I spent a while growing up in New Mexico, and still love genuine New Mexican food. So I'm flexible and open minded about different styles. This is not one of those cases. This is just plain bad.

Let's get started: chips - thin and crispy, mostly OK but a few had a weird, bitter "off" taste. Gross. Salsa - terrible; tasted like it was poured straight out of a can of crushed Italian tomatoes, just like you'd use to make spaghetti sauce. No flavor other than tomatoes; no peppers; no spice or heat. Worst restaurant salsa I've EVER HAD. Chili con Queso - bland, tasteless. Entree - I had the cheese and onion enchiladas; not terrible, but the enchilada sauce was bland and highly processed. Refried beans - excellent. Mexican rice - dry, hard grains of rice with no flavor. Beer - very good selection (Fat Tire, a few other microbrews, and the standard Mex and American 'macro-brews'). Just one other gripe: the fork was almost completely flat - hard to eat with. OK, just one more: the lime that came with my beer (de rigueur I guess at Tex-Mex places) was so dried-out that you couldn't squeeze 2 drops out of it.

I'm not one to bash restaurants usually. Pretty easy to please. Look at my other ratings. So trust me on this one. This place is terrible. Maybe for young kids who want really bland food - OK; or for Gramma or old Uncle Louie, if they insist. But really - go elsewhere.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank HoosGoinOut
Rigby, Idaho, United States
“Will not be going back.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

After a long day of visiting the zoo we decided to stop here since it was close to our hotel and we were tired. We ordered the 1/2 pound of chicken fajitas... Wow what a disappointment. We got a TON of onions, small amount of chicken, 1 slice of a green pepper.. The food did not taste good either. The cheese and sour cream had a very funky taste to it. The tortillas were the only thing that liked. I ended up making a fajita and stopped half way through. Just couldn't stand the taste. The price was EXTREMELY high for the quality. I was very disappointed when we left... and the disappointment continued with me ending up very sick. We will not be returning to Fajitas.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jays820
Troy, Michigan
“Avoid”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been to Phoenix several times and have always had good Mexican, but made a mistake this time. Fajitas was close to my hotel and I didn't feel like driving far, so went in.

First sign that it wasn't going to be very good...no TV at the bar. I find that when I eat alone, it's nice to at least have a game on. No chance at this restaurant.

Next, there was a more senior bartender, who had to instruct the other bartender to wait on me. After that, they were quick, but the food was bland at best. Even the tortilla chips were blah...hard to mess that up, but it was like eating cardboard. I had a burrito which came out with a queso topping that was very watery and didn't have much taste. Would never return here.

Visited January 2014