“Coffee Lovers This is the Place for you!!”
Review of Lux Coffeebar

Lux Coffeebar
Ranked #1 of 113 Coffee & Tea in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Encanto
Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you live or are traveling through Phoenix, check out Lux Coffee bar in central Phoenix. They make great coffee drinks and now serve food. Its also a great place for people watching

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Outstanding coffee, delicious, fresh pastries, great atmosphere

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Seriously. I come from a coffee snob island (we have 5 local roasters and 8 cafes and having been all around the world) but after a 5 day search of coffee twice a day, we found the LUX. Total hipster joint with a sunday dj and juice and food that makes you drool. (Needs more gluten-free!) but a guy literally said, "Best coffee for 4 states, and I don't count Utah." He was dead on.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Excellent espresso macchiato. Smooth, but definitely flavorful. Fresh roasted in house, check out the roaster. Pastries and desserts will be my next try. Just next door to Pane Bianco, which has expanded into the old Lux space for dinner service. Hard to see from Central Avenue, until you are right on the turn, so keep an eye out or you'll pass it and have to circle through the back to get to parking. Great vibe, wonderful reclaimed interior.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I went here on a Sunday morning, and so maybe that was my mistake. The line was out the door. I waited (and waited and waited) until a harried but well-meaning server took my coffee and pastry order. My cappuccino was too wet and lukewarm, and the espresso base was so-so quality, and my piece of coffeecake was absolutely inedible -- dry and stale. I would have liked to get another coffee and trade in my pastry for something decent to eat, but I'd have had to wait in that line again . . . so I just gave up and left.

It's a very cool place that's very aware of its coolness (poetry on a big dry-erase board, a live d.j. playing alternative tunes, lots of hip people watching lots of other hip people), but I wasn't going there for hip; I was going there for good coffee and decent food, and I didn't get either.

1  Thank LeftCoastGirl